ღ Finding Cinderella (5)

ღ Finding Cinderella-5 ღ

Finding Cinderella-5

-Tristan-

What the hell was wrong with her?

She should've been happy that I had offered her a once-in-a-lifetime chance, but she had decided to go apeshit instead and storm off. Now here I was, maneuvering through the city, searching every damn corner for Kylie but not having any luck.

Dammit. Why was I even bothering, anyway? If she wanted to get lost, then screw it. This wasn't my problem anymore, and I was done looking.

Glancing at my wristwatch, I realized I had spent an hour running around for nothing. It was already dark out, so chances were, Kylie was at her house, rejoicing.

So I headed back to the Runaway Shoppe, apologized to Morgan for our sudden disappearance, and proceeded to clamber into my car. The entire way back, I couldn't help wondering about how my night at the Ball would go, considering I was fucking dateless now. Once Fiona found out about this, she'd surely laugh and throw herself at me again.

About thirty minutes later, I pulled over in front of my house and hopped out of my car, glancing at the neighboring two-story house. As I made my way toward their porch, I let out a deep sigh, trying to dissolve my frenzied mood. Then I approached the doorbell to ring it.

Not a minute passed when the door clicked open, revealing Lacey and her usual smiling demeanor. Her expression immediately changed to one of worry the moment she studied me.

"Whoa, T, what happened to you?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Well, other than Kylie making me look like a dumbass today, nothing much."

"Would you mind telling me what happened? Maybe I can help."

Typical Lacey—always acting as a peacemaker between us. Yeah, she and Kylie were sisters, but why did they have to be so different? Lacey was the kind of girl whose personality guys loved, whereas Kylie... well, Kylie wasn't so much a girl as a lion.

I was glad that Lacey was trying to help us reconcile, but it didn't feel right to tell her everything that had happened. So I rubbed the back of my neck and said, "Uh, it's a little personal. Sorry."

She smiled. "It's okay. I just hope you two can work it out."

I nodded, though not entirely on board with the "working it out" plan. "Yeah, that's why I need to talk to her. Is she upstairs?"

"Yes. I can call her, but just a little warning..." She leaned in and whispered, "Kylie's being super weird right now. She won't talk to me and she has this hypnotized look—"

"Lacey, get back inside," said a voice, and I looked behind her to see her spitfire of a sister.

Lacey took steps back into the house while mouthing "good luck" at me, and then Kylie stepped out onto the porch and closed the door behind her.