ღ Finding Cinderella (6)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 6 ღ 

-Kylie-

I couldn't understand myself. I mean, I had sworn to death that I would never feel the same way as before, but why did I still get shivers down my spine whenever I thought of his name?

Frustrated, I snapped the scissors in haste and accidentally divided the supposedly heart-shaped cardboard cutout in half. Uh-oh.

"Harris, seriously, what on earth are you doing?" Marie Crandall, the president of the literary club, gasped behind me. "This is your fifth time ruining the cutouts. Look, I really appreciate that you're trying to help us, but please don't play around. We spent long hours making those."

"Sorry," I said, sending her an awkward, apologetic smile. "I won't screw up this time, I promise."

Sighing, Marie pushed her glasses up her nose and walked back to her table.

I mentally slapped myself as I returned to my work. It might come as a surprise that I was part of the literary club. Actually, I had been in the girls baseball team until I beat up some bitch named Ella Tudor for making up a rumor about my sister being an "easy girl," and the incident booted me out of the only sport I was good at. So, I had landed in this club where everyone was chill and less physically aggressive. I hardly read and write literature (the only classic books that I actually liked were The Secret Garden and The Babysitters Club), but hey, I gotta do what I gotta do to spruce up my college application.

I had been cutting these colored papers for hours just to distract myself from thinking about Erik's face, but no matter what I did, I still couldn't get him out of my mind.

Fantastic.

After a while, Julianne went to my area and said, "Hey, let's go grab some snacks. I'm getting hungry."

I stood up from my cross-legged position and patted my pants. "Sure thing. My throat feels like sandpaper right now."

On the way to the cafeteria, we noticed that the hallways were packed with students roaming around, carrying streamers, boxes, balloons, stage props, and any other materials. Most classes had been on hold for the day since everyone's minds were focused on the Valentine Ball.

"So, Ky, what's up with you these days?" Julianne asked as we got in the lunch line.

I grabbed a sandwich from a tray, asking, "What do you mean?"

She took some mango tarts, a pineapple pie, some chicken nuggets, two packs of Oreos, and a tuna sandwich. Then she ordered a bottle of Coke to the lady behind the counter before answering, "You've been spacing out a lot lately."

As she said it, my memory rolled back to the past again. All of my mental training on "How to Forget the Guy Who Rejected You" had suddenly disappeared the moment I had seen Erik in that alley.