ღ Finding Cinderella (38)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 38 ღ

Finding Cinderella- 38

-Kylie-

It had been days since Tristan's confession, and I still couldn't get over it. It didn't feel like real life anymore. It felt like an 80's movie with John Hughes directing it. Who would've thought our relationship would turn in this direction?

Well, Julianne and Lacey had somewhat predicted this a long time ago. And maybe our mothers, too, who'd been pairing us together since he and I were kids. Still, it was crazy. I'd never been drunk in my life, but maybe this was what it felt like.

At lunchtime at school, I gave the girls a scoop on what had happened that night. They nearly lunged over me, shrieking in my face and basically losing their minds. I had to slam my hands over their mouths to keep them quiet.

"So, are you guys a couple now?" Lacey was half-whispering, half-screeching. She looked like she could cry at any second from being overwhelmingly happy.

"No," I said.

Julianne shot me a look of disbelief. "Why the hell not? You kissed each other, and he told you that he loooves you."

I put a finger on my lips to warn her about her volume. "Yeah, but nothing is official."

"Aren't kisses supposed to be, like, official contracts that you're going to be with this person?"

I shrugged, heat crawling up my neck. Questions like that made me aware of how completely inexperienced I was when it came to romantic relationships.

Lacey nodded. "That's what happened with me and Clark. He kissed me on the front steps of my house, and that's when I knew we belonged together," she recounted dreamily.

"Ugh, I'm so single," Julianne moaned.

"Well, there's Grey and his rusty ole jeep," I said. Oh, how the tables have turned.

"Gross."

"But Kylie, did he ask you to be his girlfriend?" Lacey asked. She had a solemn yet hopeful look on her face.

"No."

"Not yet," Julianne said. "I get it now. He's waiting until prom to pop the question. That's so disgustingly romantic."

Lacey squealed and clapped. "Ooh, prom! It's two weeks away!"

I winced, crossing my arms on my chest. "It's an overrated shit show."

They looked at each other and rolled their eyes. "Here she goes again," they chorused, breaking into giggles.

"Shut up. I don't even know if he's going."

"He is. He's gonna be Prom King." Julianne popped a cheese stick in her mouth. "Besides, asking someone out should go both ways in this day and age. If he's not gonna ask you, you ask him."