ღ Finding Cinderella (22)

ღ Finding Cinderella-22 ღ

-Tristan-

I should apologize to Kylie.

She must've been deeply upset with the way I'd approached her because it had led her to turn her back on me completely. Every time I tried to wave my hand at her or do anything to get her attention, she wouldn't turn in my direction. Not even give me a glance. Perhaps I shouldn't have forced that question on her.

How long would she stay angry with me?

Thinking too much could probably make your thoughts become real because as my friends and I were heading to the lockers, the first person I saw in the crowd was she. Kylie was leaning against her locker, books clutched in her arms as she stared at the floor.

Finally, good timing.

I was about to approach her when she suddenly turned her head in my direction. Little by little, a grin grew on her face as she started to walk toward me. I smirked. Just as I thought—she really couldn't handle missing me.

"Hi," I said. And cursed mentally. Out of all the things I could've said to her, why did it have to be 'hi'? But no one could blame me, really; I was tongue-tied. I couldn't move, and I couldn't look away from her.

"C-can we uh..." God, I was even stuttering. "Can talk for a sec—"

Then she passed by me as if I were invisible.

What the hell?

"Oh shit, dude. Burn." Clark laughed.

"Shut up," I grumbled.

I spun around, and my fists immediately clenched when I saw that she was heading toward Erik. The smile on her face was something I hadn't seen in a long time, and the worst part was, she was showing it to him. Then again, I couldn't be sure, but... I had a feeling she was faking it, seeing as the smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

When Kylie wasn't looking, Erik looked back at me and smirked deceitfully before blending in with the rest of the crowd.

Something blazed in me. Dashing toward him, I pulled back my fist, but my friends fastened me in place before I could hit him.

"Whoa! Dude, dude, no!" Ryo said; his arms outstretched to block my path.

Kylie whirled around and exclaimed, "Tristan! What are you doing? Are you out of your mind?"

I struggled against my friends, still glaring at that bastard Erik who remained calm. My heart was pounding. My blood was boiling. Fuck. Just let me beat the shit out of him and be done with it.

"T, calm down," Grey hissed, tightening his grip on my shoulder. "Whatever this is, stop it before the teachers spot you."

Shaking my head, I yanked my arms away in full force and managed to break free. The almost-brawl had made the other students stop in their tracks and watch us. Gossip was spreading almost immediately between them, but that didn't matter much to me.