ღ Finding Cinderella (32)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 32 ღ

-Kylie-

A couple of hours later, we finally arrived at Ronnie's house—a two-story dwelling surrounded by a wide lawn and red begonias. It didn't look swanky as I had imagined, but it had a rustic aesthetic which made it warm and welcoming, and it was huge that a kid could totally ride his bike around their living room.

The house was empty when we came. I asked Ronnie if she had any siblings and she said that she had a full older brother, an older step-sister, and two young half-brothers. Now that was a complicated family tree to me, and I was sure that it must make for an interesting Thanksgiving dinner. Ronnie didn't share any further about her family, though. A touchy subject, I supposed.

Eventually, I found myself sitting on a beanbag in her bedroom. It was what you would expect from a girl like her. Every object screamed pink—from her walls to her curtains to her accessory collections. Her room was almost blinding, although, in fairness, it was tidier than mine.

"Is it too loose or too tight?" I heard Ronnie say from her walk-in closet. They were taking forever to finish trying on clothes; I felt like I was starting to develop back cramps.

"It's okay now, I guess," Lacey said.

Ronnie stepped out of the closet followed by Julianne, who then slumped on the other beanbag beside me. Lacey poked her head out, looking apprehensive.

"But, uh, this is..."

"Come out now, and we'll have a mini fashion show!" Ronnie spread her arms out to present Lacey.

With a small, shy smile, my sister stepped out, revealing a dark blue dress that hugged her soft curves perfectly. Its lacy white edges draped a couple of inches above her knees. There was a silk strip on top, lining the top of the bust, and the dress had thin straps, which showed off her collarbones and small shoulders. It looked simple, but Lacey could transform any simple outfit into something elegant when she wore it.

"Sorry, Ronnie. It's cute, but..." Lacey mumbled, covering her chest with both hands. "This might be a little different from what I had in mind..."

"How can you not like it?" Julianne cried. "It's so cute, and it suits you!"

"I like it, but doesn't this have a cover-up like a cardigan? I don't like showing off my bare back and shoulders, and it's pretty short for me." Lacey pulled the skirt of the dress to examine it. "Maybe I should put on tights or something."

"Up to you. But I'm telling you, girl, that dress looks great as it is on you," Ronnie said. "You have a slender figure, nice boobs, and long legs. Have some confidence, kid. If you've got it, flaunt it."

Julianne hummed in agreement.

"You look stunning," I said, smiling at Lacey. I was proud of how lovely she had become.