ღ Finding Cinderella (35)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 35 ღ

Finding Cinderella- 35

-Tristan-

Of all the damn places we could go, she had to pick the one that held my worst childhood experience.

With a pallid face, I stared at the Ferris wheel and at the other daunting rides. The air was filled with the aroma of popcorn and grilled food. The din of the crowd was rowdy, and everyone's faces were plastered with smiles. I was supposed to feel elated just like them, but instead, dread was attempting to push my feet back to where I had parked my bike.

"Really, of all the damn places..." I muttered. It had been almost ten years since that incident, and when the nightmares had begun, I had sworn never to return to this despicable place no matter what.

Until this crazy girl beside me insisted.

"What? Amusement parks are fun, and it's been so long since I came here." Kylie had a wicked glow in her eyes that made her look sexy and dangerous. "Oh wait, come to think of it," she added slowly, provoking me. "Didn't you get lost here when you were a kid? Yeah... and a clown found you crying, and he brought you back to your parents."

"Shut up," I growled at the repressed memory. Thanks to my mother thoughtlessly tattling on without realizing the damage it could cause. "That freak was just getting in the way of me getting back to my parents on my own."

"How scary was it, anyway?"

I sighed. "Imagine meeting Pennywise in the fucking woods in the dead of the night. That's how it was."

She cackled. "Bet your face back then was the same as now. You look purple all over!"

"Quit it, Kylie."

"Oh, don't be such a wuss, Hartford. Let's go already."

"What did you just call me?"

She skipped ahead and shouted, "Careful not to throw up along the way!"

I merely watched her and smiled in defeat. Fuck it, I would soldier on through whatever trouble might come my way if it meant seeing her happy. So I followed her like a satellite wherever she went. She was jumping from booth to booth, looking at the displays, marveling at the rides, and exclaiming in amazement.

"Hey T, let's try the merry-go-round."

"But it's for kids."

"So what? There's no age requirement when you want to have fun!"

In the end, much to my shame, we went on the ride. She sat on the carousel in front of mine, and I watched as she stared at the lights blinking above us, a look of pure wonder on her face.

After that, she dragged me to the ghost train. During the ride, her voice was the only thing I heard above the noise.

"Ah shit, I can't stand properly," Kylie said in a slur as she staggered to the fence. We had gotten on the Orbiter, and the thing had rotated faster than we had expected. "That was wild, but I kinda wanna ride again."