ღ Finding Cinderella (23)

ღ Finding Cinderella-23 ღ

-Tristan-

I got that old feeling again—that old feeling I'd been trying to forget.

I was happy that I'd found her, but I also felt nervous about the whole thing. Maybe it was because she meant more to me than any other person. She was my personal drug, and after all this time, I was still highly addicted.

Now here I was, driving all around the city just to find her. I had been to all the places where she would possibly be, but I had no luck. Lacey and I had tried contacting her several times, but there was no answer. It was making us sick with worry.

The rush of wind hit my windshield as I sped onto the highway. My foot pressed hard on the accelerator as I tightened my grip on the steering wheel. It was already nighttime, and the bright neon and electronic billboards lit up the city. It was unlikely that Kylie would be going home this late.

Where was she?

-Kylie-

Erik said that this was a date, but I didn't want to classify it as one. Not because it sucked—well, sort of—but because I'd been keeping in mind that we were just friends. Perhaps everything would have gone better if it hadn't been for my spaz attacks a while ago.

I had been so awkward and goofy initially that I probably had messed everything up. I'd tripped on the road several times, blown the soda out of my nose, accidentally poured mustard on my shirt and made myself look like a freaking five-year-old, made the lamest puns in history, and realized that my fly had been open for a couple of hours.

I would definitely not consider this a date because if I did, this would be the most awkward one in the universe.

Well, at least, the video game arcade at the mall had been great.

Why couldn't I act like a normal person, for crying out loud?

At this point, Erik must've been totally freaked out by me since he kept taking calls as if he was all, "Dude, get me out of here," and the thought of it made me want to push myself in front of a bus.