ღ Finding Cinderella (13)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 13 ღ

Finding Cinderella- 13

-Tristan-

The moment I stepped foot into the school building, I quickly examined the mob of students. I kept an eye on every girl around with similar facial and body features to that of the nameless Queen of the ball.

Long, curly, black hair...

There! A girl with the same hair was leaning against her locker and laughing with her friends. When she caught me staring, the corners of her lips shyly turned upwards.

I returned the smile and then looked away, disappointed. She might have the hair, but she didn't possess the enigmatic presence of the mystery girl.

"Dude, Tris!"

A sudden shout startled me from my thoughts, and I turned to see Clark jogging toward me. We bumped fists and made our way upstairs. Along the way, he said, "Were you daydreaming or what? I've called you three times."

Small, oval-shaped face...

I shook my head. "Sorry. Was just thinking about something."

He smiled. "You mean someone? I saw Kylie a minute ago and she looked pissed. What'd you do to her this time?"

I scoffed. "Nothing, man. She's always pissed."

We reached our homeroom, and the raucous noise inside subsided right away. Several of our classmates greeted us as we headed to the back of the room where the rest of the gang sat. My friends gave me high-fives and pats on the back as usual. I returned them absent-mindedly, and, after placing my backpack on the floor next to my seat, I went to look out the window, continuing to scan the students walking below the building.

Tall, slim build... Small nose... Huge, dark eyes... Honestly, these were all just the most accurate guesses I had since Ihad barely seen her entire face that night. Better have some clues thannothing.

"Bro, that song is so old!" I heard Ryo Knight, one of my pals, exclaim in his Japanese accent, as another guy played a Westlife track on his phone.

"So is your mom, but I don't see you complaining," William Reed countered, followed by laughter from the others. "Anyway, this is my only option," he supplied. "She goes nuts for classic songs, it's almost beautiful."

"Wait, so let me get this straight. You're dating her now. For real?" another one of my friends, Justin Case, responded. And yes, that's really his name. Creative, right? His parents had to have been huge comedians.

"For real. Why would I be playing? Monique's a great girl, man."

My head snapped toward them. All their mouths were frozen into O shapes as they stared at a bewildered William.