ღ Finding Cinderella (36)

cover above made by malikahsadia

ღ Finding Cinderella- 36 ღ

-Kylie-

I slammed my back on the front door, clutching my chest and gasping for air. My heart was beating so hard that I could even feel the pain in my throat.

I had kissed Tristan on the cheek.

Oh my God.

Okay, it might have only been on the cheek, but still...

I covered my face with my hands and squealed. Then, realizing that I was acting like a little girl, I quickly inhaled through my nose and exhaled slowly through my mouth.

Raking my fingers through my hair, I shut my eyes and tried to collect myself. The scene kept replaying in my head like a broken record. The entire day with Tristan had felt perfect, and I simply had gotten the urge to kiss him. His reaction was something I couldn't decipher correctly: shocked? Confused? Horrified? Weirded out? He had seemed like he was going to say something, but I had scurried away before he could speak.

Good job, hormones. How was I supposed to act around him the next time I saw him? What should I say? Should I pretend I hit my head or something, and I got amnesia?

Before I could ponder further, I heard a car pulling up, a door slam, and footsteps coming toward the porch. Lacey and Clark were back. And it seemed they were whispering intimately to each other since I couldn't hear anything for the next few seconds.

Deciding to give them privacy (and to save myself from the awkwardness), I proceeded to the stairs, but then the front door opened, making me look back. Lacey sauntered in and shut the door, a dreamy smile taking up her entire face.

"Hey," I said, walking toward her. "How was it?"

"It was perfect!" she gushed. She turned to the window and slid the curtain a little bit to watch his car roll away. "Clark was so nice even though I was painfully awkward and quiet most of the time."

"I'm glad it went well for you."

She spun back to me. "I guess you enjoyed your date as much as I did, correct?"

Crap. They really had seen us back there. I wanted to lie, or deny, or fire a savage comeback, but the idea machine that I called my brain had malfunctioned from the kiss, so I could only press my lips together, and do a half shrug of my shoulders and a half shake of my head.

"Don't deny it. You have that happy glow around you," said Lacey, making circular motions with her hand.

"Girls?" Mom called from upstairs.

"Yes?"

Mom, who was in her robe, descended into the living room. "Did you two have fun?" she asked.