3: there is no karma

"If you can't solve a problem,
it's because you're playing by the rules.

◇◆◆◇

Keytlin~

My mom already stands in front of the door as Gina and I walk through it, tapping her foot repeatedly on tye floor. Tap,tap,tap, tap. And I immediately know that she just saw what happened.

She has a pixie cut, her hair a dark brown, as are her eyes. She was always thinner than I was. I had always curves, which isn't bad, but I sometimes wish that I would look as delicate as mom or Gina even.

Her eyes fall on Gina and widen, shocked at her hair color. My mom strictly forbids me to dye my hair, so my hair that is a little longer than my shoulders is still the naturally dark blonde/ pale brown I had since I was born. And I didn't care, really. I loved my hair color. They emphasize my dark blue eyes. Sometimes you could think that my eyes are black but they're not.

The shock on my mom's face disappears quickly and a genuine smile appears. She knew Gina, outgoing, self-confident, carzy Gina too well to get shocked.

"Gina, it's good to see you. Haven't been a while! How are you doing?", my mom asks.

"I'm good, Mrs Dewey. What about you?"

"I'm fine myself, thanks", and then she looked at me and I flinched at the sharp look on her face, "You. What was that just with Nate? Why did you do this?"

"He intimidated me and I won't let him manhandle me like that! I won't be one of those hollow girls he screws!", I press my lips together, realizing what I just said. This won't end good.

"Language, young lady! I don't care what he did or what he said, he just came back and you're going to apologize to him."

"Mom", I begin but she is quick to interrupt me.

"No discussion! You're going over there and say sorry. Don't make any enemies, honey, it's not good for your karma."

She and her karma is so getting on my nerves, honestly. If karma really exists than she's a total b*tch.

"Mom, it isn't fair. He started it! I was being nice and asked him how he was doing and then he just snapped!", I try to explain. When there's one thing I hated more than a man manhandling me it was being forced into doing something. Especially when you were right.

"So? Show him that you are more intelligent than he is. Show him that you are more mature. That doesn't make things worse."

Knowing darn well that I won't change her mind, I sigh. "Fine. I'll be right back."

I walk outside the door, again, praying that Nate isn't outside but I curse when I see him cleaning his car.

With determined steps I walk over to him but on the inside I feel anything but determined.

I stop a few feet away from him. His shirt is wet on a few parts, sticking on his skin.

He is very muscular, but that doesn't surprise me. After all he plays football. And he is good.

Now that he doesn't have sleeves I can see that tattoos cover both of his arms. Strange thing: I surprisingly like it, although I don't like tattoos but it suits him.

"What do you want?", Nate asks annoyed, not stopping with what he was doing. I froze, shocked that he knew that I stared at him, not being able to make my mouth move.

Still, I'm so close to turn around and go because what I'm about to do goes against everything I believe in. But I won't break another rule ( Rule no. 3: Do what you're mom tells you to do, always. ) of mine. I mean, look at what it got me into.

When I don't answer him he turns around with a bored look on his face.

"Listen to me sweetheart -"

"I'm not your sweetheart."

"If you're just going to keep watching me wash my car, you can gladly take a picture. So you can look at it in your room and don't annoy me", he says and although he sees my furious look he isn't at all affected by it. "But I guess this isn't why you came so: What. Do. You. Want?", he says emphasizing every word.

Okay, maybe I made a terrible mistake in humiliating him. What is wrong with me?

I sigh once again. "I wanted to apologize to you for my behavior earlier. It wasn't appropriate, so, yeah ... "

"I knew that you didn't have it in you, being all badass, that is", he responds arrogant, "I forgive you", he then continues dramatically.

I don't understand how one person could infuriate me so much. I never get angry. I am always calm, thanks to my rules, but he is another story. He makes me so angry, after only one day of knowing each other. Well, I knew him before but he didn't, which is kinda strange since we live across from each other.

"I only do it because my mom told me to do it."

"Do you always do what your mom says?"

"Well, yes. That's the rule."

His eyebrows shot up in confusion. "The rules? Like: your mom made some rules and you follow them?"

"No, I made them myself", my eyes widen. How could I just tell him that I had rules that I made? Did your brain somehow stop working, Keytlin? Are you out of your mind? Not even my friends and family understand my obsession with my rules and now I'm telling Nate that I have them. Stupid. It's official. I'm stupid.

He chuckles, "Great. A control freak lives across from me. How come I've never noticed you or seen you before?"

"Well, you're never home, and when you are you only come back when I'm asleep so it isn't really a surprise", I respond dryly.

"So you are the girl everyone talks about?"

Wait, what? "Why would they talk about me?", I breathe, suddenly self-conscious.

"A teenager who controls her life like that? It's getting around."

"What do they say?"

"They are not pretty. I don't think you wanna hear them", he answers with fake sympathy.

"Look. I just came to say sorry because it would be good for my karma -"

"You believe in karma?"

"If there's really karma then it's a bitch. But we don't have to talk to each other ever again, so bye."

With that I turn around, run through my door. There I ignore my mom and Gina, run upstairs and slam my door shut.

Karma? Oh yeah. If there was karma then my life would be a whole lot more easier. I've never done something wrong! I've always behaved, never judged other people, always been a good girl. And what do I get back? Nothing. I get bullied, judged and mostly ignored. People talk behind my back.

I've never received something good.

People always shoved me around. Because they think I am weak.

I hate that! I won't let them keep doing that.

Nate made me realize it.

New rule: Don't let people treat you like you're nothing.

■■■▪▪■■■■■▪▪■■■

So yeah, this is chapter 3. As always hope you like it.

Anyway, I don't know if you ever had a problem with bullies or something like that but my best friend's friends talked about me behind my back and they were not pretty and I'm sick of people talking sh*t about me.

I'm sick of me being all self-conscious.

And Keytlin, although she pretends to be strong, is in pain.

This chapter is dedicated to the people who always talk about me behind my back.

Anyway, I love all my reader♥