13: change of plans

That's Keytlin's dress in this chapter and how I imagined Keytlin to look like, however Keytlin's hair is lighter and she is curvier, but her facial features and her skin colour are the way I imagined Keytlin to be.

•We are all just books waiting for someone to read us and say: "that makes sense"•
~Instagram

--

Nate~

I feel guilty for leaving my mom behind, alone with this asshole of father. But I needed to get out of there. I couldn't think straight when he was around.

"Nate, you can't hide forever", Matt says behind me as I was punching at a punching back.

"Watch me try", I press through gritted teeth. Sweat ran down my face and my shirt slowly starts to stick to my skin. But I don't care. I need to get rid of this feeling as if I was chocked. Because right now it's like I can't breathe anymore. Since he came I felt weak. And I don't like that.

"Matt is right. You need to face him", Luke says as he struggles to hold the punching back still. My punches get harder by the second.

"What if I don't want to", I snap.

"And leave your mother alone with him? I don't think you want that, Natw", Patrick says behind me and I stop my assault on the back.

Silence surrounds us as I think of my possibilities. I don't have any. If I stay here he could do whatever he wants with my mom. And that's not an option. Yet, that doesn't stop me from denying everything.

I told Luke and Patrick last week, after I disappeared for a whole week. They deserved the truth even though I wanted to leave them out of it. But they insisted. I couldn't lie to them all the time anymore. And they understood.

"He knows that if he touches her I'll cut his balls off", I say as I start hitting the punching back again.

"What are you going to do about Keytlin?", Luke and Patrick ask at the same time. They both lock eyes with each other and a laugh escapes my lips.

They basically have eye sex and Patrick knows shit about it.

"Keytlin is going to be left out of it. He made a promise and I made one", I pant.

I stop boxing and start to do some pullups.

"What exactly did he say?", Matt asks after a long time.

"29 ... 30 ... 31", I breathe out every time I pull myself up, "That he would ... ruin her ... and break her", I jump away from the bar and let myself fall on the ground starting to make pushups, "I promised that I would stop talking to her."

"You won't be able to do that", Matt says flatly and I glare at him.

"How ... do you .. know", I press through gritted teeth. I'm at the gym for already two hours. It wouldn't surprise me if my whole body ached tomorrow.

"Because you like her. And she won't leave you alone now that you have her interest", he explains. I wish he was wrong. But he wasnt.

"I refuse ... to believe ... that", I press every time I push myself away from the floor.

"Keytlin is stubborn. If she wants something she'll get it, Nate. You know that as well as I do", Patrick says but I ignore all of their remarks as I force myself through the torture of training. My friends go back to their training too and we fall in silence. A tense, uncomfortable silence.