14: two assholes in one day

•Never be afraid to fall apart because it's an opportunity to rebuild yourself the way you wish you had been all along•
~Rae Smith

--

Keytlin~

When Nate finally falls asleep I change into a pair of sweatpants and an oversized long sleeves shirt because that dress is getting uncomfortable. I don't understand how girls can wear dresses day after day. Why would a girl do this to herself? You have to watch how to move, how to sit, how to kneel down. It's exhausting.

Afterwards I go into the kitchen to make dinner since I didn't eat anything today, and I doubt Nate didn't either. I decide to to something simple to not burn down the kitchen. I'm as good of a cooker as a 35 year old man who is still living with his mother. But what I can do is mac and cheese.

Just when I'm about to shove the casserole into the oven someone knocks. I quickly turn on the oven and head to the door, opening it just to reveal Chris leaning with his arm against the doorframe. Seeing him knocks the air out of me. I recover quickly and step outside causing him to take a step back.

"What do you want", I whisper harshly when I close the door softly behind me to not wake Nate.

"You haven't been answering your phone", he says emotionless. And an emotionless Chris is never good.

"Why would I answer you! You abused me for over two months", I hiss and push him away from me.

His expression changes into into one of anger as he grabs my arm forcefully and pulls me towards him so I hit his chest hard. "Watch your fucking mouth, woman", he spits into my face and I'm tempted to slap him but this would only anger him more. And I'm better than this.

He pushes me away from him and my back hits the wall hard knocking the breath out of me once again. Before I can recover his fingers wrap around my throat, squeezing lightly, cutting off my air. I try to pry off his hands but they wouldn't budge. Leaning down he runs his nose down my neck and breathes in. I want to throw up. I want to bury myself and die right this second. But I'm stronger than this.

"You shouldn't have ignored me Kate-babe. It's going to be your downfall", he whispers into my ear. His hot breath hits my skin and he smells of alcohol. Of course he is drunk. "You should take me back."

"Not even when your the last man on earth. I'd rather die than let you have your way with me", I choke, tears blurring my vision. The lack of air is slowly starting to get to me, causing the world around me to spin.

"Your so sexy when your feisty", he kisses me briefly, "Too bad I don't like it", his voice suddenly changed. It's hard and unforgiving.

I see him lifting his hand, forming it into a fist. My eyes widen as he brings it down and I have to close them not being able to look, waiting for the pain. But it never comes. His hand leave my throat and I breath in, coughing from the soreness.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you", a familiar voice says and I look up again, seeing Nate behind Chris, holding his wrist in his hand. In one movement he twists Chris' arm and holds it against his back. Chris winces and groans in pain as Nate leans down to his ear. "Get your fucking face away from here before I'll beat your fucking sorry ass to Mars and back. And don't ever lay foot on this property again or you'll never see the sun again", he hisses and pushes Chris down the steps. Chris falls to the ground but stands up quickly stumbling towards his motorcycle and drives off, not before shooting us a death glare.

I'm rooted to my place, shaking, tears streaming down my face.

Dammit, Keytlin! Why do you always freeze when you get in those situations? You're weak!