21: betrayal

Not everyone you lose is a loss•

Keytlin~

"The fuck you just said?"

"Chris is a fucking stupid dickhead who only ever cared about himself. That's what I said, you heard me right," I repeat calmly.

Gina's mouth falls open. She stares at me wide eyed, shaking her head in disbelief. She dyed her hair again. This time it was a bright blue. Honestly it looks bad on her but who am I to judge someone else by their appearance.

"Close your mouth, otherwise someone would think you want to suck their di-"

"Don't even finish that sentence," she interrupts me, finally being able to form a normal sentence. "What happened to you. You never ever cursed in your entire life and I'm gone for what? A month and you started to curse like an effing pirate. Don't get me wrong, I like it. It's just weird."

"One month is a long time, a lot happened."

We are sitting in a diner, so I try to keep it down a little while she screams like a dying walrus.

"I see."

"Look, I won't get back with Chris again," I answer to her previous question. "I'm done with him. He abused me-"

"He must've had a reason. There is always a reason."

I narrow my eyes at her and give her a look that could kill people.

The hell there is always a reason.

"Yeah, the reason is that he's a fucking  dickhead.  And he won't change. Let's say, we'd get back together. He'd treat me like a fucking queen for maybe a week. Or two but afterwards he'd be the same cruel, horrible and most arrogant person on earth. So you can tell him that my answer is no. Im fact, I already told him that my answer is no."

She shakes her head in disbelief.

"Who cares that he's horrible? You'd date the best football player that the world has yet to see."

"That's the thing Gina. I don't want success. I don't want fame. Frankly I don't want to be known as the girl who dates the best football player that the world has to offer. I want to be known as the person I am now. Plain, slightly boring but normal and independent Keytlin. Nothing more nothing less."

She laughs. A laugh that usually made me laugh too. But now it just pisses me off. How could she not understand?

"You'd give him up for being normal?"

I can feel my eye twitching. I'm starting to hate Gina.

"I don't give him up. I dump him on the side of the roed because he's a freaking cockroach and he doesn't deserve me," I hiss, trying to make her understand. "In fact, Ikindoflikesomeoneelse," I rush. "And he's much better than Chris will ever be. I don't even want to compare these two with each other because there is no competition at all."

"So...you made your desicion?" Gina asks and I can't help but hear a little hope in her voice. "You don't want to get back together?"

I sigh. "No, I repeat for the hundredth time. He's dead to me."

She claps her hands together and squeals in excitement.  "Great, now I can have him."

"What?"

"Oh come on, he's hot. And I kind of liked him all along. We're best friends, no bad feelings here, right?"

"Did I just hear right?"

"Yes, I'm young, what's wrong with having a little fun?"

"Here you go ladies," our waiter interrupts us before I could answer. He's about to leave but I call him back.