epilogue

Five years later

Keytlin~

Nervously shifting in my chair and picking on my nails I stare at the door.

Two years have passed since I last saw Nate. We simply had no time to visit each other during these two years and now he finally moved back here to finish university in Toronto while his mom stays in Cambridge, not being able to come back to the city where she lived a living hell.

To everyone's surprise Nate and I remained together even though there had been quite a few fights and quite a few breakups over the phone. But I think everyone agrees that this is expectable. We were miles apart and there wasn't always enough time to talk to each other. I'm glad that we worked through it though.

"Earth to Keytlin." A voice breaks me off my thoughts and I look up at the familiar face of Nate.

I smile brightly and jump up straight into his arms. He buries his nose in my neck and breaths me in while I do the same, hugging him tightly. So does he.

"I missed you," I whisper. "So so much!"

"I missed you too," he says, pulling back and kissing me.

We sit down and stare at each other just enjoying our presence.

"How did I not see you coming in?"

He grins. "I got in through the back door. Wanted to surprise you."

"You scared me to death!"

"And then you woke up again because even in death you can't be without me!"

"Maybe I'll take you with me the next time."

"You wish!"

A cup of coffee was placed in front of me and Nate. Probably his doing too.

"Drink up. I have something planned for us."

I doesn't let me ask what he's planning to do. I don't mind because we had so many other things to talk about.

--

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea," I say while he opens the door to his new apartment. "I mean technically this is our first date. I'm not this kind of person."

"Shut up would you! You're not funny," he answers.

"Funnier than you are. Trust me!"

He chuckles and opens the door, holding the door open for me.

"What can be so special about this apartment that I haven't already seen in my apartment, which is underneath yours might I add?"

He shrugs and motions me to get in. I sigh and walk in.

"Stop looking at me. You have enough time to do so for the rest of your life."

"If I don't break up with you before that," I mutter still staring at him.

"If you decide to break up it's going to be expensive. That is if you say yes," he mutters and I frown.

I decide to ignore it and turn around.

And stop dead in my tracks.

Someone punch me in the face.

It's not like his apartment is any different than mine, it's just the decoration that blows my mind.

There is a huge bouquet of roses on a table. I don't even want to know how much that cost. Fairy lights fill the room, hanging from the ceiling. Candles shine me the way towards the desk and I hesitantly walk towards it.