5: a second first impression

"Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively." - Dalai Lama

○●●○

Keytlin~

"Chris, what do you want from me?", I say into the phone.

I haven't heard from him for four weeks and now he has called. Just when I was about to forget him. Or burrow it inside me, locking it away so it won't come back to the surface. Now that I hear his voice this box ripped apart and left a whole inside of me bigger than it was before.

"I want you back! I'm sorry for what I've done to you, it was an accident", he tries to explain.

"Accident my ass! Did you trip and accidently fell with your lips on her mouth or what?", I snap at him. At that he didn't answer. "Yeah, I didn't think so."

Suddenly Nate comes out of his house. His eyes immediately land on me and I regret suddenly that I wanted to talk outside. But it was either that or in front of my mom and I'm not ready to talk to my mom about it.

I turn around but I can still feel Nate's eyes on me.

"You won't ever find someone like me again, you know that right?"

"That's exactly what I want. I don't want to have someone like you ever again. I can make much better!"

"You b*tch -", he snarls.

"So now I'm a b*tch, huh? You have to decide: Am I a b*tch or a prude?", I interrupt him. Tears sting the back of my eyes because I can't handle him insulting me. I still do love Chris and him saying those kind of things is like being stabbed in the heart over and over again.

I hate talking to Chris because of that. He always acts like he is the King. Always makes me down.

"Keytlin, I gotta go", mom tells me while she walks past me, "See you later." I didn't even realize that she left the house.

I just nod and turn around, sitting down on my porch steps, burrowing my face into one of my hands.

"You realize that you make a huge mistake, right? I was the best thing that has ever happened to you!", Chris suddenly snaps and I wince at his harsh tone.

"Flatter yourself, Chris. Maybe you'll feel better about yourself afterwards.

Why do you want me back in the first place?", I mumble into my hand.

I fight back tears. I refuse to cry because of him. I had enough. But this hurts. That break up hurts so much. The first love always hurts the most. I loved him, trusted him, gave him the knife in his hands to either protect me or hurt me. And he took the knife of my trust and turned it around to stab it into my heart, leaving me heartbroken. And he doesn't even care.

He doesn't answer. Again. "I know why: Girls who aren't reachable are something that guys like to haunt. Isn't that true?"

Why did I even pick up the phone in the first place? Why did I even agreed in talking to him? Why am I being so stupid in the last few days?

Suddenly, Chris starts to shout at me. Things that I don't even want to repeat. Things that are worse than the things he said before. Things that leave my heart shattered on the ground.

"Chris, please stop", I whisper, the tears finally falling but he doesn't stop. He keeps insulting me. He doesn't care about my feelings. He never did. I realize that now. He never did care about me. He only cared to get into my pants. To be the one who got an unreachable girl. I was only a trophy.