11: february the 30th

•You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you had to play better than anyone else•
~Albert Einstein

--

Keytlin~

Let me get this straight from the beginning. My social skills are like the 30th of February, non existent.

When it seems like I have a good conversation with a stranger it is a complete lie. An act.

He or she does the talking and I'm just sitting there like a complete idiot waiting for the moment to end.

You could imagine my thoughts going like that:

Does she/he think I'm weird?

He looks so goo- oh my god I'm looking at him. Stop staring, Keytlin. You're weirding him out.

Do I sound normal? Have I a squeaky voice?

Smile, Keytlin, smile you look like an arrogant twat.

Answer! Dammit, answer the question.

Oh my god, what did they ask? I didn't listen. Oh my god.

I will sit there, smiling like a complete idiot, acting like I listen to them and when they ask something I just nod hoping that they didn't ask something embarrassing. Or hoping that they won't realize I didn't listen to them.

Imagine my surprise when Nate and his friends sit down at my table at lunch.

Imagine my anxiety when two super muscular good-looking guys (Nate and Matt) sit down on either side of me and two slightly less muscular and slightly less good-looking guys (two friends I don't know) sit down in front of me. All looking at me. With those intimidating eyes of them.

My eyes widen and I look down at my food, being grateful that my hair is open today. At least they can hide my face from them. Three of those Greek gods turn away. But I can still feel Nate's gaze on me. I can feel him practically touching me. Analyzing every part of me. Trying to remember every fault on my body.

He leans over to me. I can feel his body heat radiating off of him and I stop breathing when his hot breath tickles my ear.

"Is everything okay?", he whispers quietly so not even Apollo in front of Nate hears him even though he is watching us.

I turn to Nate with a freaked out look on my face.

"Yeah, everything is fine. Totally good. Never felt better", I ramble with a squeaky voice. Great. Make a fool out of yourself, Keytlin.

An amused look crosses Nate's face and he chuckles, throwing his arm over the back of my chair. I sit up straighter so I won't touch him and he chuckles even more.

God, this arrogant dickweed, hey that's a new one, likes to tease me. I hate him.

Now, we might question why Nate is sitting at my table after the complete disaster of our last conversation in school.

Long story short:

After the whole week of him skipping school I got worried. Matt wouldn't tell me what's wrong with Nate although I knew he knew what was going on. So I went over to Nate.

He was distant at first but after at least an hour of talking about our past he relaxed. We talked for hours. Surprising right? I mean considering that I never wanted to talk to him, like ever.

Back at school the situation got even more tense. Girls started to hate me for "sleeping" with Matt. Lindsey is even more of a bitch to me for breaking Emily and Matt up. Yup. They broke up. Because of a rumor. A rumor Lindsey, Emily's best friend, spread.