12: reminder of the past

•You are a victim of the rules you live by•
~Tumblr

Nate~

I run after Mr Lawson trying to catch up to him. I despise this man. I'm disgusted by him.

I know for a fact that he sleeps with his students and sexually harasses them if they don't want to do what he demands. It doesn't matter if they're a boy or a girl. He doesn't care.

He sure didn't care when he sexually abused me while my father forced himself onto my mom.

Shivers still run down my spine when I think of this man. When I hear his name. When I have to see him evert history lesson.

I follow him into his class room where I suddenly get pushed against the wall. His arm on my throat, holding me into place.

"What do you want from me", he hisses inside my ear, his cold breath hitting my ear, and I have to think back about the time when he did it while doing a lot of other things. I shake my head to get rid of the memory and look into the cold blue eyes of the man in front of me, who slowly chokes me.

"Can't ... breathe", I choke out, trying to pry off his arm but I couldn't do it. Although he wasn't as muscular as me he was much stronger and I hated it. All this training for nothing.

"Good", he tightens his grip around my throat once again and the room started to spin around me.

Suddenly his arm leaves my throat and I start to cough. My throat feels sore and I can feel it bruising already.

When I calmed down again and my throat didn't hurt as much anymore I look up at the man who ruined my life.

"What do you want from me, George?", I ask emotionless. I can't look weak before him. It gives him power over me and I won't give it to him again.

"What do you mean Nathaniel?", he asks and I cringe at my full name.

"Don't call me that!", I snap. I hate this name. I hate the man who gave it to name.

"I'm just a normal teacher doing my job, Nathaniel", he says with emphasis on my name to tick me off. To make me snap so I'll hurt him. That's what he wants me to do. But I'm smarter than him. I'm a better person than he can ever be.

"What do you want so you won't tell my father about Keytlin?", I ask.

Every time he sees me with another person who makes me smile George makes sure to inform my father. And my father does everything to either ruin their life or corrupt them to never talk to me again. It happened often enough.

"I don't know what you're talking about", he answers calmly with a smug smile plastered on his face. I want to wipe it off him but I hold myself back.

"No one wants to hurt y-", I snap and get a hold of the collar of his shirt. Turning around I push him against the wall until his feet aren't on the floor anymore. He tries to peal off my hand, his eyes fill with fear. I smirk but it disappears as fast as it came.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about", I hiss mere millimetres in front of his face, "I won't let you or my father control my life anymore. I won't let you ruin it any more than you already did."

"Nate!", a male voice calls behind me but I ignore it. It's just in the back of my mind, although his voice is familiar.

I'm breathing hard. My muscles are stiff. Just touching him repulses me.

"You think you can do this forever? No, I'm tired of it. I'm sick of acting like I hate everyone. I'm sick of pushing everyone away", tears fill my eyes but they wouldn't fall. I won't let them.