26: the tables turn

Keytlin~

"Are you insane?" I hiss once I find Nate standing in front of Mr Lawson's house. "The fuck is wrong with you? What the fuck were you thinking?"

He doesn't answer. He just stares blankly at the front door. Not moving an inch. He must've been here for quite a while now, considering how much he's shivering right now.

"What if I go in there and she isn't there? What if I go in there and I'm too late," he breathes, his voice devoid of any emotions.

"Nate," I sigh, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Don't think like this. You should-"

My voice breaks off as the door slams open and we both turn towards the source. My eyes widen as Chris saunters casually over to us and stopping right in front of me.

Too shocked to do anything I do nothing as he raises his hand and his fingers graze my jaw, cupping my chin. Before he could say anything I slap him. Hard.

But he doesn't react. He just watches me woth crazy eyes.

"After all, you come back to me."

"You wish!" I spit in front of his feet.

What happens next, happens way to fast to comprehend.

I can only hear Nate's muffled protest before Chris grabs my arm roughly and pulls me towards the house. My protests are unanswered while he pushes me down the stairs to the basement where I freeze almost instantly.

Nate's mom is standing next to Nate's father, her head hanging low. A sigh of relieve leaves me when I see she's not hurt. Yet.

"Mom," I hear Nate call next to me, his voice breathy as if he just ran a marathon. And her head snaps up almost instantly, her eyes filling with panic when she sees Nate and me.

She stumbles forward but Mr Anderson catches her by her arm and pulls her back.

"You shouldn't have come Nate," she whispers. "Especially not you, Keytlin."

Now it's Nate's turn to stumble forward but Mr Lawson has a tight grip on him. However, it doesn't hold Nate back to fight against it. "Let go of me," he hisses.

I, however, am numb all over. This was all planned. Mr Anderson starts to laugh, a rich, deep laugh. It makes me shiver out of fear.

"You didn't really expect to arrive here without us knowing, now did you?" he asks, his grip on Nate's mom tightening. "If so, you're even stupider than I thought you would be."

It is like a blanket of horror fell over Nate and me as Mr Anderson pushes Nate's mom to her knees and points a gun at her head while Mr Lawson lifts his gun to point at me.

Nate is stuck. And we both know it.

"My poor, naive Nathaniel," Mr Anderson proceeds to say. "You really didn't learn, did ya?"

"Please, leave them," Nate says hoarsely and when I look at him, tears are slipping down his face. "Keep me, kill me for all I care. But let them go. And don't hurt them. Please."

I've never heard Nate beg for anything in his life. Not once. And seeing him so broken. So helpless makes me wish to be blind so I wouldn't have to endure his agony.

The monster, however, only laughed. 
"You really think your begging will change anything?" Mr Anderson screamed. "I want you all dead. I want to see you all suffer and beg for me to kill you. Don't you understand!"

I stop breathing at this point as he pushed the barrel of his gun against Nate's mom who winced in return. I can't  move as he slams it against her head harder, over and over again until she passes out without a noise. I'm not even sure she's still alive.

Her heavy body hits the ground, her closed eyes facing us.

I sob out lout when Nate's scream fills the air and he stumbles towards her unmoving body, blood oozing out her nose and ears.

"Why are you doing this?" I whisper, tears blurring my vision.

"Why?" Mr Anderson asks, wildly gesturing with his gun, stopping on me. "Because I can. And I will shoot you. Do you hear me Nate? I will shoot your beloved Keytlin. And your gorgeous Lissa if you don't step away from that useless body," he continues slowly.

At this Nate looks up, just as Lissa steps out of the shadow, quite beaten up. Before he can run to her though Mr Anderson points next to me. Lissa follows his order and stands next to me.

"I hate that bastard," she hisses. "I need a cigarette after this bullshit. After I kill him with my own hands."

I can't help but laugh. Only she could keep cool in this kinf of situation.

"Ah ah ah ah, Lissa. Don't make me shoot you," Mr Anderson chides. "Now, Nate, if you don't mind, stand next to Lissa, would you? Before I kill both of  'em."

Of course, Nate obliges. I hear him mutter a 'sorry' to us, before fixing his father with a hateful glare. "Now what?"

Mr Anderson taps his gun against his chin. "I don't know. George, what do you think?"

"I say, kill her."

"That's a great idea," he says slowly.

Before anyone could react he pulls the trigger. 

Everything turns into slowmotion as we couldn't move. The gun was pointed at me. I knew I would die as soon as he pulled the trigger but I'm still not able to move.

There's a hand that pushes me to the side but the bullet still hit me. The pain shots through my entire body, paralyzing me.

I hear a scream filled with anguish. It's a voice I learned to love. I try to say his name, tell him that I love him. But my body is paralyzed as blood - my blood - travels down my body.

Suddenly I was falling until my head made contact with the concrete floor. And I'm not falling anymore. I'm floating in darkness.

--

Short chapter I know. And again ages went by without an update.

I'm sorry for both :D

Vote and comment please

Xx Jue