8: school is torture

People will only
remember you for the rules you break•

--

Keytlin~

Rule no. 21: Don't let bullys get to you.

By the time spring break ends I decided to not let anyone bring me down anymore. I decided that I will give a crap about what they're saying to me.

Well, it is easier said then done.

My day begins good, as good as it can begin at the first day of school.

I was never fond of school and I would leave as soon as possible if it weren't for my parents.

So now I stand in front of hell itself wishing my attempts of making my mom letting me stay at home worked. But it did not and I have to face all the fake people I don't like anyway.

The minute I walk into school Lindsey's judging eyes land on me. Her fake blond hair frames her face. Great. I don't only have to deal with the teachers but also with a jealous ex-girlfriend, Nate's ex.

Gina told me that almost the whole school knows about what happened between Nate, Matt, Chris and me. I don't know what exactly they think about it but it doesn't bother me anymore. I'm gonna begin as a knew person. As a person who doesn't care about rumors.

Taking a deep breath I walk to my locker, which is unfortunately beside Lindey's.

"Is it true?", she asks looking at her nails.

Since I don't know what everyone thinks I ask her what she means.

"Did you really had a threesome with Nate and Matt to make Chris jeolous?"

I stop breathing. Wow. That's a new one. And just like that my decision to not care shattered.

"I mean I knew you were a slut, but you do realize that Matt has a girlfriend?"lo

"How can I be a slut when I'm still a virgin and supposedly a prude?", I say through clenched teeth. She was the one who called me a prude before spring break.

Come on, Keytlin, take your books and then walk away. What she thinks is none of your business. It doesn't matter.

"You know, I always wondered what Chris saw in you. Now I know. You are a slut and boys like him look for those. Now it all makes sense", she says almost bored, ignoring what I said to her.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Ignoring her, I search for my history book, which I can't find. Oh the joy.

"You deserved it, you know? That he hit you. You hurt him pretty damn much so I can't say that he shouldn't have done it and that I'm sorry. It would be a lie."

I close my locker door with force and face Lindsey in what I thought were an intimidating posture but by her amused expression I know that I look broken.

"It's not my fault that my ex-boyfriend abused me! If he had any brain cells left he wouldn't have done it and if you had just a little sense in your stupid damn brain then you wouldn't accuse me of whoring around like you do!", I snap at her tears stinging the back of my eyes.

But she only laughs at me, her fake laugh which make me want to punch her right in the face. But I can't hurt her. It will complicate things even more.

"If that makes feel better", she says with fake sympathy and shoves me against the lockers. I watch her walking over to Nate and turn around.

I feel my throat close up and I know I'm about to lose it again. I did it again. I let her get to me. I let her walk over me.