15: one step forward

[Warning: chapter consists of a lot of curse words - somewhere in the middle of it and a change of view]

•Normalness leads to sadness•
~Phil Lester (AmazingPhil)

Keytlin~

If it is possible I try to stay away from drama but since Nate exchanged his first words with me it seemed impossible. I mean, technically it's my fault. I opened my mouth first but he was the one who kept talking to me. I didn't choose that.

And after we stopped talking completely, drama stopped coming. I am all about having a normal and organized life. Drama doesn't exactly fit in. I thought I would be happy that I finally can go on with my life like I planned to do. But I kinda miss the drama, after I had to face it almost daily. And if it isn't odd enough I miss talking to Nate, and it only had been a week since we started to ignore each other.

I walk past Nate and his group of friends. If it hadn't been for the fight we had I would've gone over to him and started a conversation. But being the childish person I am I walk straight past him, ignoring him, ignoring his lingering stare that seems to look right through me. Ignoring his smile when Luke said something funny. Most of all I ignored the pain that I felt when he just turned away from me.

I admit it , I'm not acting like I should, all grown up and all that crap, but his words hurt me. I just can't believe he used a thing I regret most in my past against me, to hurt me. And I'm not a dull girl without a backbone. I may overreact but I am tired of being hurt by a boy who thinks he can do everything with me. To me. Who thinks he can walk all over me.

So I just look straight ahead and ignore his lingering stare on me. I ignore him practically touching me with his smoldering eyes. I try to ignore his friends as they call me.

Very mature. I know.

At my locker I see Emily leaning on the locker opposite of mine. Lindsey is talking to her, her long blonde hair cascading down her back, stopping just above her butt. Her laugh fills the whole hall, making everyone who passes roll their eyes. I try not to judge her clothes but honestly, she couldn't wear a shorter skirt. I'm not blaming it on her. Boys only pay attention to her when she dresses like this, and if she needs a man to make her feel important, if she wants sleep with the whole school then so be it. I'm the last one to judge her for the decisions she makes. Boys aren't judged for getting into bed with one girl after another so I never understood why girls aren't allowed to do the same. It is ridiculous. Women shouldn't be afraid of being called names when they do the same thing men do too.

My eyes wander to Emily. She looks like she always looks like. Tight black jeans, black heels, which look badass on her, and which probably would be the death of me, a black tee and a black leather jacket. But something is different. Her shoulder long her looks like a mess. Which isn't exactly new either but what catches me off guard are her red eyes. And smeared makeup, it's not like you can see it because she tried to wash it off but I still notice the blackness under her eyes. She doesn't listen to Lindsey rambling about the new band she is obsessed with.

She just stares straight past her and when I follow her gaze I realize why the redness in her eyes gets more intense with every second. She is staring at Matt. Matt who looks quite the same, the only difference is he actually tries to pay attention to his friends. His smile and laugh isn't faked anymore and Emily's tortured face breaks even me.

Sighing I make the stupidest decision ever. It's time I solve this. Clearly, those both idiots are too stubborn to do anything.

I walk over to Emily and Lindsey who both don't notice me.