Dollhouse

June 21, 2018
JJ and I have been housing hunting for a few weeks. We decided it might be best to move into a new place— not her house or my house, but our house. We found one southeast of downtown DC near the Navy Yard. It was a brownstone townhouse with four bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a garage in the back, and a cute little patio with a fire pit. JJ fell in love with it right away and begged me to comply. I agreed it would be a nice place for us and Henry so here we are, moving day.

 Against their will, JJ forced all her team members to help us move

Against their will, JJ forced all her team members to help us move. She sent Derek and Aaron with me to my place while Spencer and Penelope went to hers. Rossi never answered his phone so we just gave him a rain check. My apartment was bigger than JJ's but I was ironically closer to being finished. JJ was more enthusiastic about decorating than I was, and the contents of her moving truck included plants, artwork, throw pillows, and too many of Henry's toys to count. My moving van was mostly clothes, books, and more books. And then some more books. Our new house was roughly the size of JJ's place and mine combined, so luckily we didn't have to downsize on furniture or anything. Derek, Aaron, and I loaded everything into my truck and drove to meet JJ. We got there first and started unpacking right away, starting with the bigger pieces first and moving to the small. I also dumped Sergio in our bedroom once there was enough furniture in there for him to lounge on.

It's around 80° today, so not too hot but definitely not comfortable moving weather. I've already stripped out of my T-shirt, leaving on a thin black tank top to cover me up. My body was coated in sweat— I couldn't wait to take a shower after this was all done. Derek and I brought my couch upstairs to the guest room and then trudged back out the front door into the heat. Just as I stepped outside I saw JJ opening the hatch of her moving truck. She had on a navy tank top that was clinging to her sweaty body. Her hair was tied up into a high ponytail and she was sporting Nike running shorts that were riding on her upper thigh.

I walked up to her and gave her a quick kiss, "Hey cutie, you need any help?"

"Don't you have stuff still in your own truck?"

"Not a lot— we'll be done soon, probably. Derek's acting like Superman over here, he brought my desk up to the loft all by himself."

Garcia laughed, "Yeah he likes to show off, get used to it"

"I can tell. Aaron was much more cooperative."

He walked around the corner of the truck, "Thanks, Emily. And how many times to I have to tell you to call me Hotch?"

I chuckled, "Sorry Hotch... is there anything of mine left in the truck?"

"Uh, just some books but I have a feeling it'll be a while before we can take them out," he stepped to the side and pointed to the back of the truck. Reid was sitting cross-legged next to a couple boxes of my books, reading them. I walked over to him and leaned against the frame of the truck.

"Havin' fun, Reid?"

He glanced up at me and nervously murmured, "O-Oh, um... s-sorry. I-I can put them back if you want!"

I giggled and stopped him, "Haha no, no, Reid it's okay! What are you reading?" He tilted up the cover so I could see: Atlas of Human Anatomy.

He stuffed his head back into the pages, "Netter's a genius... I have a copy of this myself but it's not in nearly as good condition"

"I baby my books. I've kept every single one since med school. You're welcome to borrow some if you'd like, I trust you with them."

His face lit up, "You mean it?!"

"Sure thing, Spence... just promise me one thing?"

"Anything!"

"Help me take them inside first?" He gave me a shy smile and then picked up a small box of books while I carried two medium-sized ones inside. JJ and I had a loft space in our attic and we were setting it up as our home office. Both of our desks went in there along with several bookshelves and a small sofa. Reid helped me fill up all the shelves with my books and then we headed back downstairs to find everyone else. We saw them all in the kitchen, gathered around the island.

I asked from the doorway, "What's going on in here? You guys planning a murder?"

JJ giggled, "Dave finally showed up and he brought some champagne— get your butts over here!" Reid and I stepped over and I took a spot next to JJ. She and I filled up seven champagne glasses and passed them around so we could all celebrate the new house. Once the festivities were done, the team left so JJ and I could finish unpacking our stuff. Order number one on my list was to turn the A/C up. I made the house a little cooler and went to see where JJ wandered off to. I found her in the living room, hanging up some paintings and scattering plants all around. When her back was turned, I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist as my head rested on her shoulder.

She was a little startled, "Ah! Oh it's just you... did you turn the A/C up?"

I kissed her neck and mumbled, "Mmmhmm"

She placed her hand on the back of my head, "I probably smell like sweat, Em"

"So do I, what about it?" She gasped when I started sucking on her pulse point. I moved up to her ear and said, "How does breaking in the new shower sound? We can clean up and change into our pajamas early. Order pizza later for dinner. Spend the day decorating our new house. Hmm?" She turned around and draped her arms over my shoulders, "Sounds amazing," before placing a light kiss against my lips. I grabbed her hand and led her upstairs to the bathroom that was attached to our room. Everything was brand new and shined like a display in Home Depot.

We took a guiltless 35 minute shower and then got out to pamper ourselves in fresh PJs

We took a guiltless 35 minute shower and then got out to pamper ourselves in fresh PJs. We kept our promises and used the remaining 8 hours in the day to playfully unpack our stuff as if we were in a dollhouse.