Vitamin D

July 8, 2018
JJ's POV
When Emily got home yesterday evening, she was very defeated. We talked almost all night and neither of us fell asleep until 1 am. We woke up around the same time this morning and quietly stayed in bed so Henry wouldn't know we were up. I was leaning up slightly on my pillows as I lightly ran my fingers through Emily's hair. Her head was resting on my chest and her arm was draped over me. Our room was still 1,000º but we didn't care— we were snuggled right up against each other.

I kissed the top of her head, "We can stay in today if you want... Hen doesn't know we were gonna have a pool day."

She replied, "No I actually wanna go out... it'll distract me"

"You feeling better?"

"Much better than yesterday, but still... I don't know how you do it, babe."

"Do what, Em?"

"You see kids like Abbie all the time— who went through something traumatic like abuse or neglect— and you just... you keep going."

"I know I'm making a difference. And what you did yesterday for that little girl was saving her. You saved her. She'll never forget that and I hope you don't either because you did a good thing, baby."

She rolled over and buried her face in my chest, "Thank you, Jenny"

"You're welcome... my big strong doctor"

She blushed and giggled, "Oh stoppp"

"What? You're so smart. And courageous. And determined—"

"Stahhp!!... Mmm, keep going"

I laughed, "You're so talented and you're definitely the best doctor in your practice. You're kind, and humble, and comforting, and I love you."

"I love you too, baby," she leaned up to give me a kiss.

I let go of her lips after a second, "You taste like sweat"

"Well duh it's only like 500° in here! Ugh I wish this heat would stop."

"Me too, but at least it gives us a good excuse to go to the pool... Mmm I have to pick a suit to wear."

"What about the black one?"

"Is that your favorite?"

"Yes."

"Is it because it's the most revealing?"

"Yes."

I rolled my eyes, "Well, horndog, I think I'll save that one for a less family-friendly occasion... we're going out with Henry, remember?"

"Hmm, as you wish. Blue one?"

"That might work. You should wear my red one today!"

"The bikini? No, no I-I'll stick with my suits"

"Why? I don't have cooties, Em."

"I'm never comfortable in two-piece suits. I just don't think they look good on my... body."

"What? How could you think that, you're gorgeous! You have an amazing body, baby, trust me."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. If you wore a two-piece suit today I'd probably have a hard time keeping my hands to myself, honestly"

"Hmm you up for a challenge then?"

"You'll wear it?"

"For you I will wear it"

"Yayyy! You're gonna look so hot"