Date Night

May 15, 2019
— JJ's POV
"JJ, I'm sure they're all fine. Just relax." Emily assured me as we waited in line for our movie tickets. Garcia kindly volunteered to stay at our place for a couple hours tonight so Emily and I could go out. We haven't had a real date night since Valentine's Day, and we were in desperate need for one. But I was very preoccupied with my worries about Penelope alone in our house with a four year old, a grumpy cat, and a fat, energetic dog.

"I'm worried about Garcia! Can she really handle all of them?"

"You do."

"And you should be on your knees thanking me for doing so."

She laughed, "It's not easy, I know."

"Especially with Ches. His personality is like Henry on steroids."

Emily shrugged, "You're the one who wanted a dog."

"Well maybe if you talked to me about it before just going on on your own to--" Emily leaned down and pressed her lips to mine. She pulled back up and I scolded, "Was that supposed to get me to shut up?"

"Yep." The ticket attendant called us up just in time, preventing me from rambling on. Emily paid for our tickets and then led me by hand over to the concession stand. "What do you want, babe?"

"Popcorn is a must."

Emily told the guy behind the counter, "Medium popcorn, extra butter please." I elbowed her in the side so she cleared her throat and corrected herself, "Regular amount is fine, just a regular amount of butter."

I sang, "Thank you."

Emily whined to me, "The butter is the best part."

"It's also the most unhealthy. That stuff is like poison-- it's not even real butter. You're gonna get diabetes."

She intelligently remarked, "Actually it's not really the sugar content that's the problem, so diabetes isn't really an accurate diagnosis but heart disease is a viable alterna--" I stood up on my tiptoes and kissed her. She raised an eyebrow and mocked me, "Was that supposed to get me to shut up?"

"Yep... Want anything else to eat? I brought snacks so we don't really need to buy too much."

"You brought stuff from home?"

"Mhmm." I opened up my purse for her to look.

She chuckled, "A box of raisins, a cheese stick, M&Ms, and trail mix. You're such a mom, I love it." I blushed and closed up my bag. Emily took our finished bucket of popcorn from the guy and bought us a couple sodas before leading the way to our theater. She whispered to me once we got inside, "Where should we sit?"

I whispered back, "Towards the back." She nodded and started up the steps, finding a spot for us a little ways passed the middle row. We took our seats and got comfy, getting all our food and drinks sorted to enjoy. I quietly squealed, "I've been wanted to see this for ages, I'm so excited." Emily and I got tickets to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Tarantino's new film. Emily's a big Tarantino buff so I knew she'd probably love it.

"Me too. Here, wait..." Emily reached next to her and lifted up the armrest in between us, allowing me to snuggle right into her side. "There."

I smiled and cuddled up to her, "This is nice."

She hummed and put her arm around me, "Mmm agreed."

I giggled, "Hey remember one of our first dates was here?"

She raised an eyebrow, "When we made out for basically the whole movie? Is that the date you mean?"

"Haha, yes. That was fun." I winked at her seductively.