Chapter 30

(Penelope's POV)

All three of us walk towards the car after finishing our food. While walking across the parking lot Jane runs ahead of us and it gives me time to talk to Noah. I look at him and he simply avoids my eyes. "Are you still embarrassed?" I laugh.

He finally looks at me in the eyes and his cheeks turn a faint pink again. "No. It's just, I didn't expect you to do that?"

"Well neither did I but I wasn't going to let you pay more money than necessary and plus a date for a discount isn't that bad. If you're so worried about it we don't have to do the date." I say reassuring him.

"Oh no. It's fine. I want to go on a date with you." He says giving me a smile.

"Great. So we'll just have to discuss the details later." I return the smile and Jane suddenly runs up to me.

"Where are we going next?" She looks up at me with a bright smile.

"Mmmm. I don't know, is there anywhere you want to go?" We all get in the car and wait while Jane thinks.

"Noah's house?" Jane looks at Noah asking him. Her big eyes bright with excitement.

Without missing a beat Noah answers with a simple, "Yea let's go."

Minutes later and we reached the town Dylan lived in. "I thought we were going to your place?" I asked confused. Many people were walking around. I had only been here a few times. The time Dylan had brought me after he found me in the woods and once when I asked for him to train me for the fights. After a while I connected the dots. This was the pack. I never talked to anyone considering Dylan's house was one of the first ones you saw in the entrance. Everyone seemed to get along. Little kids running around while mothers and fathers talked amongst each other. It seemed like a cozy atmosphere to live in. Somewhere my parents would've loved.

"I mean technically, this can also be considered my place, but if you want we can go to my house?" He turned to look at me asking if I was comfortable. "I just thought since my house is pretty boring it would be more fun to bring Jane here."

I had to get over this fear of them. How else would I be able to spend time with him. I mean not that I want to but in an important situation where something happens...who was I kidding of course I wanted to spend time with him. God, I was hopeless. I turn to look at Jane and see her looking at the kids around her age with a smile. I couldn't separate her from other kids, she was a very social 5 year old. Sighing, I turn to him and shake my head. "No, this is fine."

He smiles at me before getting out the car. He quickly runs to my side of the car and opens the door. He then opens Janes and leads us more into the town. Considering it wasn't small but everyone seem to know each other they stared at Noah. Or to be more specific us. Noah nods at the people and they all turn to do what they were previously doing. Of course there were still some whispers and quick glances but what could I do about it.

Jane grabs my arm and tugs on it getting my attention. "Can I go play with those kids, please?" She says pointing at the group of kids who now seem to be playing hide and seek. I turn to look at Noah considering he knew more about this place than me and without even missing a beat he said.

"This is a very safe place. Everybody watches out for the kids she'll be fine. I promise."

I turn to look back at Jane and give her a slight nod. She giggles before dashing towards the kids. Once she gets to where they're at they seem to become friends quick. I turn back to Noah and walk next to him while looking around. "So...what's this place specifically?"

We continue walking while Noah stops every so often saying soft hellos to the people and shaking hands with some guys or kids. "Well, this is the pack."