Chapter 32

(Penelope's POV)

After our little talk Thomas and Mia left. They thanked us for our hospitality and said that if we ever wanted to leave everything behind we would be welcome in France. It didn't sound to bad for me. A new place away from someone but I knew Noah had everything here. So I would stay. For him I had realized I would basically do anything to be near him.

As we walked down the stairs we fell into small talk. Noah of course had to be the one to start it. "Would you like to continue what we were doing before Thomas interrupted?" He says in a teasing voice. "I can always bring back the mood."

I give him a glare. "Watch it Anderson, Mia is a phone call away."

"Will you use that anytime you don't get your way?" He says with a laugh.

"I think so. It sounds pretty convincing doesn't it?" I say with a cheeky smile.

"Oh the things I could do to you."

At that Dylan's voice was heard. "Watch it love birds, there are children present." I turn to see Jake, Lori and Jane all talking while watching a movie.

"Yea," says Jake from beside Lori. "And quite honestly my ears are to pure for that nasty stuff."

Lori let's out a loud snort before covering her mouth quickly from shock. Jake turns to her and laughs. Both start this thing where if they turn to look at each other every so often they would start laughing again. And quite honestly they looked like fun people to be around. I could be good friends with them if we hadn't starting on the wrong foot. "You can go talk to her if you want." Noah's voice came from beside me in a whisper. He had caught me staring at Lori and maybe he was right.

"I think I will." I sat next to her on the couch and her surprised face was quite funny. She hasn't expected it and quite honestly neither had I. "Hello."

"Hi." She turned to look at Noah before turning back to me. "Can I help you with something?" She asked with true curiosity. I had taken her by surprise since we hadn't really talked one on one.

"You seem to like kids." I start without caring to answer her previous question. Jake and Jane continued talking about the movie not worrying about us.

She gulped unsure of what I was trying to do. "Um yea. I like to care for the kids of the pack whenever I can. Most of them are far to careless for their own good."

I let a small exhale of air through my nose as if laughing. "Little demons are they?"

Her confused face became more relaxed letting out a small smile. "Yea, they are. Look I would like to apologize-"

She was gonna bring the incident back. "Apologizing won't fix anything so don't waste your breath. However we can work on tolerating each other if you want? You know for our own sake."

Lori's smile was pleased. "Yea I can work on tolerating you."

"Great." I say with a smile of my own. "I hate you." I say jokingly.

"I...hate you too." Her smile becomes a bit wider. This would be the start of a new friendship to tolerate.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*••*•*

As days passed we all became closer. Ethan and I were invited into their friend group and we would start to hang out more and more with each other. We would meet up in either my house, Noah's or Dylan's. I hadn't been this happy in a very long time and as for Jane she loved the attention. Everyone in the group loved her especially Lori. She would bring something for Jane every time we would hang around. Lori and my friendship became a love hate one and it was never boring as for Noah's we spent most of our time together. The most we had ever done was hold hands infront of people at school and I loved to annoy him by going in for a kiss but last minute moving away. We hadn't made it official yet but I could wait.