Chapter 33

(Penelope's POV)

The days continued flying by. The more I blinked the quicker the summer was arriving. We were days from graduating and everyone was too busy getting everything ready and prepared to worry about the other. We still talked everyday but not every second like in school. Well, aside from Noah. He found any little reason to come over or call. I chuckled remembering. 'Penelope I found a song that reminded me of you', 'I can't wait to see you again', 'Be careful Penelope', and my personal favorite 'God,
i love you Penelope.' It was shocking when I heard it the first time.

We were walking through the woods near his pack and we had fallen into light conversation. "You know," Noah had stated while swinging our connected hands "Once we graduate we can spend more time together, we can travel the world if you like."

"Travel the world?" I asked with disbelief. "Noah? Are you that rich that you can choose to travel the world on a bland Monday and not think twice about it?"

He chuckled a little. "Yea i guess so, but think about it. You me and Jane, traveling to wherever our hearts desire. We wouldn't need anyone else. Paris, Hawaii, Dubai! The list is endless."

I looked at him and how eager he seemed. "Don't you need to care for the pack?" I asked a reasonable question since Noah didn't seem like he was thinking to much.

"That's the thing!" He had said all excited. Holding my hands the same way he held them when he had asked me out. "I can just ask my dad to look over it for me, or Dylan, or one of the counsel members!"

"Noah," I knew my eyes showed the much love I had for him, that he didn't think twice about doing such things for me.

"If you want to run away for a year or so from this place I'll follow you. I'll follow you to the end of this world if it means I still get to spend a lifetime with you. And we'll bring Jane! She'll come and she can learn multiple things throughout the journey. I don't want to be the reason you don't follow your dreams." He sighs finally.

So that was it. He thought he was holding me back. "Hey," I say as I gently placed my hand against his cheek. I smiled, "you're not holding me back. If anything you're pushing me forward. If you want we can travel a little in a year or two that way Jane is a bit older and she can remember it." Noah looked at me before smiling too.

"You sure?" His hands slightly shaking.

I grab them and squeeze lightly. "Yea, let's make a deal that way we have to do it. We'll travel on Jane's 10th birthday, that way we'll both be about 23 and she'll be old enough."

"You promise I'm not holding you back?" His expression slightly nervous.

"I promise." I say. "I'll look forward to the traveling so focus on that for now."

"God, I love you Penelope." He then grabbed me in a tight embrace. And I let him hold me. I felt safe here in his warmth. I wrapped my arms around him and we stayed like that for as much as we needed.

I then lightly muttered a "Not as much as I do."

The days after that we had all became more busy looking to fix final issues for graduation. Which had led back to me now.

It was 3 in the morning and my phone was ringing. It had woken me from my sleep and I didn't bother trying to pick it up. Whoever it was could wait until the morning. My head hit the pillow again and my eyes closed once more being engulfed with sleep. That was until the phone ringed again. I let out an annoyed sound and went to pick up the phone. "Hello?" I say not bothered to look at who was calling.

"Penelope." Noah said through the phone.

"It's 3 in the morning Noah? Are you ok?" I say blinking trying to get the sleep out of my eyes. Did something happen?