Chapter 21

(Penelope's Point of View)

After letting the guys know I could easily go by myself they insisted they wanted to go. We were all on our way to Mabels house and I was mentally preparing myself for whatever she was going to tell me.

In all honesty if a judge couldn't separate me and my sister then what made her believe she could.

We reached her house and I got off my bike. I approached her house, with the mindset of seeing my sister and not leaving without looking at her.

I knocked on her door and waited a couple seconds before the door slammed open. Jane's small figure popped into view and I leaned near her. She hugged me and giggled a bit. "I though you weren't going to come see me. I was expecting you to actually wait the 4 days." She says jokingly.

I laugh along, "I guess I couldn't wait to see you, peaches." Mabel comes from behind her and stands next to her. "Mabel." I say firmly with quick eye contact before looking back at Jane with a smile.

"Those guys are a bad influence on you. If the rumors about them are true then you need to get away from them, Penny." She says looking at me.

"And what exactly has been rumored about them?" I ask with curiosity while looking back from the distance we had. They weren't going to be able to hear us, no possible human could so I just give them a small smile and turn back to look at her.

"It's been said that they're in a cult. They kill any stranger that comes into their property and meet people who follow their same cult all around the world." She says with a dead serious expression. I was about to bust out laughing before someone beat me to it.

Dylan's laugh catches our attention and we turn to look at him. He sees us looking and turns to Noah who has a more neutral expression. I guess they were speaking of something while we were talking and Dylan found it funny.

I look into Mabels face and just shake my head. "Mabel, I believe you should be the one to get help. A cult? I've been to where they live, I've meet Noah's parents. Their as normal as someone could be," I say while giving a smile laugh. "Don't listen to these dumb rumors, now if you excuse me I would love to take my sister out for a ride or something."

I grab Jane's little hand and start leading her down the stairs but feel her being tugged from my hand. Mabel shakes her head while saying, "I don't want her near any of those freaks."

"Mabel, I don't feel like arguing in front of Jane. I'm just trying to spend sometime with my sister. She's been with them, and talked to them and Im pretty sure if something isn't right Jane would tell me." I say knowing that was completely true.

Mabel looks at me one last time before letting go of Jane. "Bring her back before 6." I smile at Jane and walk towards the vehicles without agreeing to Mabels requests.

"My bike or the car?" I ask Jane enthusiastically. She looks at my bike and runs at it. I smile and walk behind her knowing she was going to choose it. We get on it and I drive near the car Dylan and Noah are in. "Follow me." I say without letting Jane nor the guys know where I was taking them.

Minutes later we end up at the state fairs parking lot. Jane screams with joy and gets quickly off my bike trying to get near the entrance. I walk quickly behind her and see Noah and Dylan catching up to us. Noah looks at me and says, "So is this the fun we're doing today?" I nod my head and he has a big smile on his face.

As we enter we pay for our tickets and walk into the fair. You could smell the hot dogs and pretzels and hear the screams of adrenaline from some people on the rides. The memories of my parents taking me to carnivals and fairs come rushing at me and my eyes water. If my times of having fun in these places ended it didn't mean Jane couldn't make new ones. After all she was barely a year old the first time she came to one. I pushed the memories back trying to forget them and put a smile on my face. And like that we began the eventful afternoon.