Chapter 10

(Noah's point of view)

Mind linking Linda to close the diner, she respectfully bows her head and gently pushes humans and werewolves out the diner. Walking to Lori, I see her lower her head in disappointment. "I'm sorry alpha I didn't mean to disrespect my Luna that way. It's just...she infuriated me. All you want is to take care of her and she can't even be appreciative." She scoffs the last part. "Like didn't her parents teach her some manne-".

Before she could finish that sentence I say in my alpha voice, "I don't care what she thinks of herself you are suppose to protect and respect your Luna and what you did today cannot be toyed with. You were going to fight your Luna, which would have caused you to instantly become a rogue but because you were stopped by your mate, I will let it slide. But do not let this incident occur again. Next time I will not hesitate in kicking you out the pack." Nodding her head she whimpers and says a low yes alpha.

Turning around, I exhale a breath. I never thought I was going to have to decide between my friends or my mate. I though they would have all liked each other but I guess nothing is going my way these days.

Walking out the diner, I walk to the pack house which is like a couple of miles away giving me enough time to think. My mate was upset today and I didn't do anything about it. I could feel a bit of emotion coming from her. Anger, Sadness, but most importantly longing. Instead of comforting her which was what I was suppose to do I was paralyzed. She had attacked my female gamma. I wasn't sure what to do at that point. I didn't know if to go to her or if to go to Lori. My soulmate or my pack.

Getting home I walk straight to my office. Sitting in my chair, I keep on debating on what to do. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I hear a knocking at my door, and then faint words saying it was my mom. Telling her she may enter, she walks in. Looking at me she walks towards me and hugs me. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" She asks wholeheartedly.

"I just don't know what to do, mom? I don't know who my mate is? Her and Lori were about to fight. I was going to have to kick Lori out the pack. My mate is really feisty and wants nothing to do with me. I just don't know what to do?" I say feeling tears in my eyes. My mom is the only one that have seen me as vulnerable as I am right now and I am blessed to have her comfort me each and every time.

"Look, Noah bear." My mom starts with my childhood nickname. "Life doesn't always go our way. Sometimes you just have to deal with it, show the world that no matter what it throws your way, you will always be able to overcome it. And with your mate, the moon goddess chose her for a reason. Maybe she's cold hearted right now but keep insisting. Keep trying to break down her walls. Keep talking to her, be there for her. Keep being you. And after a while she's gonna get some sense knocked into her." She says with sincerity in her voice. "And when she least expects it she'll be in love with you." She pecks my cheek and walks out my office without saying another word.

Fixing my appearance, I wipe my eyes leaving no trace behind. Smiling at what my mother said, I come up with a plan as to see how to talk to my dear mate. A certain knock at my door tells me it's my beta. With my alpha voice I tell him to enter. "Alpha" Dylan nods before continuing "After multiple hours of looking I came upon some interesting information about our Luna. First off her name is Penelope Miller, 17 years old, 5'2" and has a younger sister named Jane Miller. She moved here about 2 years ago after the death of her parents. Supposedly they were in a car accident of some kind. There aren't many details about it. It left Our Luna, a fifteen year old girl at the time to take care of her 3 year old sister. Lives in a house in Oak Street Road, about 10 minutes away from here."

Nodding my head about the information he found, I repeat her name. "Penelope" smiling that I finally know her name I let a low sigh.

"Um, alpha I also wanted to let you know something." Says my beta with uncertainty in his voice. Nodding my head for him to proceed he says, "Uh well you see, she also happens to be a fighter at a fighting pit about 30 minutes away from here. She has fought about 200 fights with people and werewolves. And each and everyone of them she has won. She uh, also happens to come to me for trainings." Says my beta while scratching the back of his neck in a nervous matter.

Getting up from behind my desk, I go at him at full speed. Pinning him to a wall I growl, "How dare you not make your alpha aware of such things?"

"I-I-I thought she was a normal human girl. I noticed how strong she was so I wanted to help her become stronger. I though why not just help her do what she likes for a living. I swear if I knew she was going to become my Luna I wouldn't have trained her. B-b-but if you want I can stop training her. She has a fight tonight, if you want I can show you where."

"No, keep training her and show me where her fight is gonna take place at. If anything is to happen to her, you're gonna be the one I'm gonna blame it on." Nodding his head, he walks out my office with me behind him.

And with that I'm both excited and enraged that I'm about to go see my mate. Excited that I get to see her and enraged to go see her fight. But without saying another word we drive to the one and only Black Hole with me more anxious than ever.

:)