Chapter 22

(Noah's Point of View)

Penelope and I quickly back away from each other when hearing the voice. I could've sworn I didn't hear or see anybody in the woods.

As I look at where the voice came from, I can see a figure in between the trees. A guy I suppose based on his figure. I sniff the air and remember the scent from the time penny went into the woods. I quickly get in front of her to put space in between them. I didn't know who he was and I wasn't going to take chances. Penny looks from behind me and sees the figure.

I can feel her body go stiff in a quick second. She continuous to look at the guy and not move her eyes from him as if he would do something unexpected. Tired of the silence between all of us, I decide to speak. "Who are you?" I demand with a serious tone.

He comes closer to us but not enough to see any of his facial features. "You don't know who I am?" He says with a deep and confused voice. He looks at Penelope from behind me and addresses her. "You haven't told him yet? I guess you're trying to keep me all to yourself." He says with a chuckle.

At this point I'm just disgusted with anything that comes out his mouth. "Who are you!" I say more firmly this time not in a mood to play around with him.

He looks at me and laughs. "What a surprising taste in guys you have penny. Well, I didn't mean to interrupt y'all little date or whatever this was suppose to be. I thought Penelope was alone and wanted to talk to her about...certain stuff." He says while not moving his eyes away from her. "If your busy I don't mind going to go have a chat with Jane. She is quite the kid for her age but I just know for a fact she is good at keeping company."

Penelope looks at him and looks angered. "Don't bring her into this! What we have is in between you and me, no one else should be involved in it." They make eye contact for a while before the guy looks at me.

"Well, I think your boyfriend over there is quite interested in what we're saying." I was but right now didn't seem like the moment to ask her about it.

Penelope comes from behind me and nears the man just a little. I stay by her side and hold her hand just in case anything was to happen, I could easily pull her behind me. "Don't go near her or I swear" she says with venom spilling from every word she's saying "I'll hunt you down day and night till I find you and when I do, you'll wish it was you who died instead of my parents." She breathes in and out for a second before continuing. "I promise you if anything happens to her I'm going after you. "

He looks at her and chuckles. "Feisty. How cute. I do have something to tell you though." He looks at me and gives me a small smile before looking back at Penelope. "What was the last thing I told you."

Penelope looks at him confused before muttering something to herself and then looks at him. It looks as if something started connecting in her brain.

He looks at her with a sinister smile as if knowing exactly what he's doing. "I can't hear you? Would you mind saying it a bit louder for me to hear. I am getting quite old."

Penelope swallows and says, "Don't trust the werewolves." I instantly turn stiff surprised by her statement.

"Now don't tell me you haven't thought about it. I know you're curious as to know why I said it and you know deep down you've felt something different about this small town since the day you got here." I try to walk more close to him to stop him from saying anything else. But he beats me to it. "Slow down there Wolf-boy wouldn't want you ripping off my head now, would we?"

I quickly look at Penelope so I can explain this but in her eyes I see multiple emotions. Betrayal, anger, but most importantly fear. She lets go of my hand she was holding on to and steps away from me a bit. I try to get close to her again and explain, but she doesn't let me.