Chapter 36

Penelope's POV

It had been exactly 10 days after my graduation and summer had already started. To say I was the most bored I had ever been would perfectly explain me at this very moment. Jane was sitting next to me on the couch coloring a coloring book she had begged me to get her at a store and I was just scrolling through the many movies we had already seen many times on our tv. I sighed and put the controller down.

Jane continued to color without a care while I just stared at her. "Do you wanna do anything today?" I ask hoping she had an idea of some kind.

"Nope. I wanna stay home, today." She said as she switched her crayon for a different color. Nice I thought sarcastically as I turned and looked at the walls of our house. I had cleaned my room on the second day, cleaned the living room on the third, and tried cooking on the fifth, but none of those things cured my boredom even a bit or fixed my terrible cooking skills. "You know," Jane said from beside me. I quickly turn to her hoping she had something to say that would distract me even for a little. "I'm starting to get those visions again," my face becomes serious since she hadn't said anything lately about them. I was hoping they would disappear as time went on. "But they- um they look weird now."

"Weird? What do you mean weird? What have you seen?" I ask worried now.

"Well at least I think they're weird. All I see is a lot of people in a field on opposite sides but I can only see two faces. Yours and Noah's and y'all are on opposite sides." I sit there looking at her and she glances at me a little before going back to her coloring. "I don't know. Forget it."

"Ok yea that's fine. I told you I'll figure out how your visions work so don't worry everything will be fine." I say with the most persuasive voice I have. Was I telling her this to comfort her or to to comfort myself? I didn't know but I had to figure out how they worked and quickly. Opposite sides? Noah and I? I sighed again.

I looked around the room trying to think of something to do to distract myself and I decide to just color along with Jane at this point. She gave me a page of her book and we shared the crayons and after a while I turned to look at her own page. I was pleased to say Jane wasn't good at everything even when it did appear it. The one thing that made her seem like a kid her age was her horrible ability of coloring outside the lines.

"Peaches, you know you're suppose to color INSIDE the lines right?" I say pointing at her page.

She looks at me and blinks twice before sighing. "Penelope, you KNOW I don't like coloring inside the lines." She says making up an excuse as if I didn't know she was a tiny perfectionist in all her other work assignments and hobbies.

I looked at her shocked and try to hold in my smile. I found it very funny and entertaining in the rare occasions where she gave me sass. "Well aren't 5 year olds suppose to know how to color by now?" I question.

She glares at me and drops her crayon on the ground. "Aren't 18 year olds suppose to know how to cook by now?"

I close my eyes and nod trying to hold in my laugh. "Nice one." I say before turning back to look at her with a smile only to see she had one of her own. "We'll at least I can hold a crayon properly."

Her smile never leaving her face. "We'll at least I can keep my friends."

"Ooooo, that's a risky one," I say with a glint in my eyes. My smirk growing bigger.

"Bring it, penny." She says as she stands straight up on the couch and glares at me playfully. Almost as if she was ready to throw herself at me any moment.

"At least I can get on the big rollercoasters."

"Oh yea? Well-um" she turns to look around the room to find something and I give her some time. Her eyes seem to have sparkles when they found their new roast. "Mom and dad loved me more!"