Chapter 18

(Noah's Point of View)

Currently I was in my office trying to forget the recent situation that happened. Not only that but I was behind on work because of my want to spend time with my mate. If I can even call her that. I was heartbroken about the fact that she had the guts to sleep with someone. The thought that she had sex in general had my blood boiling. I grabbed the closes thing to my right and threw it at the door. Unfortunately it was a glass cup filled with water. Due to the impact against the door it shattered leaving water and pieces of glass all around it.

My father walked in looking at the ground and up at me. I was furious and sure that my eyes had turned completely black. My hair was also messy due to the fact that I had messed around with it trying to calm myself. He slowly walked towards me trying not to step on the glass and sat on the chair in front of me. I was breathing loudly trying to control myself but not succeeding. My father cleared his throat loudly as to get my attention. I turned and met my eyes with his. He scanned my appearance and laughs.

Confused as to why he's laughing, I clear my mind and ask. "Is there something I'm missing?"

"You thought everything would be easy, didn't you?" My father says while looking at me with a smile on his face. "Having a human mate is rare but not unheard of. I knew that you had a greater possibility than any normal werewolf. But I didn't think anything of it. Our family-"

"Wait, what do you mean you knew I was gonna have a human one?" I say taken aback that my father knew something and didn't tell me.

"Like I was saying before you interrupted me..." he says while giving me a playful stink eye. "Our family hasn't had a human mate in around 20 generations. It was bound to happen to you. But don't think they're as easy as us werewolves." He says while standing up and starting to walk away.

"Tell me more about this." I say intrigued that maybe there was something I could do to fix this.

Chuckling he sits back down and continues. "Humans can't feel the bond as strong as us. They are unaware of the fact that supernatural creatures even exist. They don't grow up hearing the fact that when they get older they'll find their other half. They're expected to search the world and make a decision based on whoever they feel like. It's a blessing and a curse at the same time. But that's all they know. We on the other hand grow with this fact. One that makes us look forward to the days in which we meet and spend with them. We spend our whole life's looking forward to this moment that we even forget to enjoy the people who are around us." He says while trying to hint something to me.

"That doesn't change the fact that she didn't wait till marriage to have sex." I say trying to stay mad at her for as long as possible.

"Oh Noah." My dad says while shaking his head lightly. "Not everything is going to go your way. She isn't ordinary, the moon goddess chose her for a reason. Now don't make a stupid ass decision and forgive the girl. She didn't even know you existed till after we came back." With that my father walks out leaving me with my own thoughts. I let my head fall down on my desk and make a loud noise but I'm not affected by it just annoyed with the fact that my fathers right. I can't stay mad at her even if I wanted to. I was head over heels in love with her.

After some hours of me doing some work and trying to clean up every single piece of glass that broke, Dylan mind links me. "Alpha, I think you might want to come and look at this. I'm at my house, this is important and I don't think you're going to want to miss it." With that he ends it and leaves me with more curiosity than when I was first born.

(Penelope's point of view)

My head is pounding. Great. I slowly try to get up and realize I'm in Dylan's room. It's not like the first time I saw it 2 years ago when I first moved to this town. He had invited me over for practice when I first wanted to start fighting and let me just say, damn my body was in fucking pain the next day but because of the way he didn't hold back I was able to become one of the best fighters.