Chapter 12

Opening the door from my room, I slowly fall onto my bed. Just casually looking at the ceiling, I dial a number on my phone and let it ring. After about 3 rings the person answers, "Mabel speaking, who is this?" Asks the 60 something year old woman who casually watches over Jane when I'm at work.

"It's me Penelope. I was wondering if maybe you could take care of Jane while I go to work tonight. I won't be home for about 2-3 hours and I didn't want to leave Jane alone at home sleeping." I say while scanning my nails.

"Oh my, of course I will. Who wouldn't want to take care of such angel? I'll be at your house in about 5 minutes." Says Mabel right after hanging up. She always had a weak spot for Jane. It was probably because she wasn't able to have children with her husband which caused for him to go with a much younger woman and leave her behind all alone in her big old house.

Getting up from the bed, I walk over to the bathroom and turn on the shower. Seeing fog start to create I get in and feel the heat of the water unintense my muscles. The nuke warm water hits every right spot in my body. After minutes of washing my body and hair, I get out the shower and wrap a white fluffy towel around me. I walk towards my closet and use my black sports bra and the pair of shorts it came with. They were black with a white stripe going through the sides. I also put on a black thug life hoodie and some black vans as to go unnoticed.

Hearing the doorbell ring I go down stairs and open the door. Mabel is standing at the doorway with a big smile on her face. She always did even in her circumstances. Moving to the side for her to enter I say, "Im almost done getting what I need for work, so while I'm doing that you can get comfy or what not." Nodding that she understood she walked towards the living room and turns the tv on.

I walk back up the stairs and into my room again. I get my duffel bag and stuff it with another change of clothes such as sweatpants and another sports bra. I add some bandages for myself and my phone incase there was any emergencies concerning with Jane.

I go to Jane's room and slowly open the door. She slightly moves in her sleep. I walk towards her with light steps and shake her. "Jane." Slowly her tiny and beautiful eyes open. "I'm going to work but Mabel is here. Don't give her any problems, alright peaches?"

"Yeah, I understand but I have a question?" Of course she did, she always did. But I let her ask. "Where are you going, what do you do? Everybody knows what their parents and siblings work as and I don't. I kinda feel dumb when they ask and I say I don't know."

"Jane Miller don't you ever say you feel dumb. You're the most smartest 5 year old I know. You might even be smarter than me! Just say I work as a waitress." That wasn't a complete lie because at some point I did work as a waitress but because I didn't make enough money I had to quit. Jane replied with an ok and a nod so I kissed her forehead. "See you later, peaches. I love you."

"Bye, Penny. I love you too." Says peaches while getting herself back in her original sleeping position.

          *•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Getting off my bike, I walk towards the entrance. My fight was going to start in about 10 minutes so I decided to just relax during my free time. I went to the bar connected to the fighting ring and order a margarita. It helped loosen me up a bit more and I gave my duffel bag to the bartender for safe keeping. Seeing the host also there I walk up to him. "Hey Robbie, hows old life treating ya?" I say with a smirk.

Laughing he pats my back and shakes his head. "You kids these days have become more ruthless. Not respecting your elders and what not." Seeing he has a smile on his face you can tell he's joking.

I laugh and correct my manners, "Hey Robbie, how was your day?" I say trying to sound different for his own pleasure.

"Now that's better. It was good, some fights here, some fights there. You know the same old." I nod my head knowing exactly what he meant. "Well I better go announce you. Good luck by the way. Even though you won't need it." I smirk at that. "Ladies and Gentlemen from all ages and sizes, we all know why you're here." Robbie says while pointing at everybody. I put on my hood and take off my gloves. I start to wrap my hands in bandages knowing that if I didn't I would have blisters on my knuckles. "The fight between the one and only, Night Shadow," I walk up to the ring with a full on smirk. I could see the desire of people to be me and for me. It was kinda nasty but you gotta do what you gotta do. "And The Dementor." A buff dude walks towards the ring and smiles a wicked smile. He was about 6 feet tall and made up of a lot of muscles. Tattoos covered his whole arms from tiny to big ones. Seeing us next to each other you might think he would have the upper hand but you also have to think about speed. Who's gonna be quicker at punching, dodging, and watching.