Chapter 4

(Noah's point of view)

"You ready to go back home son?" Says my dad with a tired and happy expression on his face. He was the alpha of our pack, Blood moon, since he was my age. But after his first heart attack, I took over as alpha. Thus giving him less work and stress to deal with. Giving him a genuine smile I say, "Of course dad why wouldn't I be?"

Sighing he says, "We made this whole trip around the world when you turned 16 just so you could find your mate and 2 years later we still haven't found her yet." Shaking my head I say," Dad relax it's okay if I don't find my mate all I want is for my pack to be safe and if the moon goddess decide that's it's better for me not to find my mate then I'm fine with it."

"What did I do to get a son like you." Says my dad whole heartedly.

"You mean what did WE do to get a son like him," says my mom while giving my dad a playful stink eye. Laughing it off my dad nods along agreeing to what my mom said. That is how I want my mate (if I ever get one) and me to be like. I want us to laugh, talk, and just have a great time in general. Since I was little I could see the love in my parents eyes and since my 16 birthday I only wished to have something as close to that as possible. "Don't worry Noah, you'll find her. The moon goddess probably paired you with a beautiful, nice, and talented young lady who is probably out their waiting for you too." Says my mom with wisdom in her words. Smiling and nodding at her I think about what my futures holds for me.

After several hours of being in a plane we finally land. Walking of our private jet, I see my beta Dylan waiting. Walking up to him I can smell a faint aroma of mint mixed with strawberries on him. My wolf, Charlie started to go somewhat crazy. Confused I ask him what's wrong. 'That smell is from our mate. He was with our mate.' Says my wolf with anger laced in his voice. Trying to calm him down I see Dylan waiting patiently for me to address him. "Bro, what's wrong even if I am your alpha I'm still your best friend," I say joking which causes for Dylan to laugh and come hug me. Immediately I smell the faint aroma of what Charlie says is our mate. "Hey guess what, all the girls in school are going crazy with you coming back," says Dylan and with that we go home while he tells me what I missed these few years.

Being home I lay on my bed thinking about what Charlie said. It can't be possible because when I turned 16 I went around the whole town to see if my mate was here but it turns out she wasn't. And this town isn't really known for people to move here. Maybe I'll find her somewhere around town like the library. She could be somewhat of a nerd and shy, whoever she is would be so hot with a pair of glasses. And with that thought I fell into a deep sleep.

But boy was I wrong, she was nothing like how I imagined her.

:)