𝟎𝟑

CHAPTER THREE

Breakfast at Grimmauld Place

CHAPTER THREE☼▕  Breakfast at Grimmauld Place   ▏

. . .

Anastasia and Harry had always gotten along growing up. There were over five baby albums of photos with them together to prove that. But something changed as they got older. Harry had distanced himself.

Anastasia would stay up at night during her younger years wondering if he had finally gotten tired of her. She wondered if she was too annoying or maybe he was too embarrassed to be seen with her at Hogwarts.

Eventually, she just learned not to give a fuck.

She pulled her hair through her tight-fitted long sleeve. She put on her low-rise jeans next and examined the small sliver of skin that showed between the bottom hem of her shirt and the top of her jeans.

A knock sounded on her door and when she looked over at it she saw her dad's head peeking through.

"Time for breakfast, Tiny," said Sirius shortly before disappearing again.

Anastasia threw her hair back into a messy low ponytail before scrambling downstairs and joining the others.

Anastasia took the last empty seat in between Fred and Remus, across from Harry. She placed a few scoops of berries and a piece of toast on her plate. She wasn't engaged in any of the conversations going around the table until Harry began talking.

"I don't understand . . . what's the Ministry of Magic got against me?" Harry asked rather defensively. Anastasia slowly chewed her toast as she glanced back and forth between Harry and the others.

Fred jokingly poked at her sides making her squirm. She attempted to look up and glare at him but couldn't help but laugh at him tickling her, which he laughed at too.

It went silent for a moment. "Show him," Moody grumbled, "He'll find out soon enough." Harry glanced down at the table. Everyone shifted uncomfortably besides Anastasia who also had no idea what they were talking about.

Kingsley shook a newspaper in front of Harry and gestured for him to read it. He took it and read it with furrowed brows. He was on the front page of the Daily Prophet once again.

"Fudge is using all his power including his influence of The Daily Prophet to smear anyone who claims the Dark Lord has returned." Sirius leaned against the table with his hands folded.

"Why?"

"The minister thinks Dumbledore's after his job," Remus explained.

Harry looked taken aback. "That's insane no one in their right mind could believe Dumbledore-"

"Exactly the point, son. Fudge isn't in his right mind. Not that he ever has been but, It's been twisted and warped by fear." James explained, reclaiming his seat in between Ron and Harry.