𝟐𝟎

CHAPTER TWENTY

▕  Burned 

CHAPTER TWENTY☼ ▕  Burned   ▏

. . .

Dolores Jane Umbridge(High Inquisitor)     has replaced Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Signed: Cornelius Oswald Fudge

"What the fuck." Anastasia scoffed, crumbling the piece of paper she stole off of a random Hufflepuff and tossed it somewhere in the corridor.

"Oi! You can't just throw things—"

"Hush, Ronald, I'm in the middle of a crisis right now," said Anastasia dramatically.

Hermione rolled her eyes at the girl's antics. "I expect she really fancied herself sitting up there in the Head's office," said Hermione viciously, as they walked up the stone steps into the entrance hall. "Lording it over all the other teachers, the stupid puffed-up, power-crazy, old—"

"Now, do you really want to finish that sentence, Granger?"

Draco had slid out from behind the door, followed by Crabbe and Goyle. His pale, pointed face was alight with malice.

"Afraid I'm going to have to dock a few points from Gryffindor and Hufflepuff," he drawled.

"It's only teachers that can dock points from Houses, Malfoy," said Ernie at once.

"Yeah, we're prefects too, remember?" snarled Ron.

"I know prefects can't dock points, Weasel King," sneered Malfoy; Crabbe and Goyle sniggered. "But members of Inquisitorial Squad—"

"The what?" said Hermione sharply.

"The Inquisitorial Squad, Granger," said Malfoy, pointing toward a tiny silver I upon his robes just beneath his prefect's badge. "A select group of students who are supportive of the Ministry of Magic, hand-picked by Professor Umbridge. Anyway, members of the Inquisitorial Squad do have the power to dock points . . . So, Granger, I'll have five from you for being rude about our new headmistress . . . Macmillan, five for contradicting me. . . Five because I don't like you, Potter . . .Weasley, your shirt's untucked, so I'll have another five for that . . . Oh yeah, I forgot, you're a Mudblood, Granger, so ten for that. . . Can't forget Hogwarts Slut, Lupin-Black, ten points—"

Harry and Ron withdrew their wands, but Anastasia was quicker.

Anastasia's fist collided with Malfoy's sharp jaw. His head jerked to the side and Crabbe and Goyle stared at her bug-eyed in disbelief.

"Don't call me a slut because I get more girls than you, honestly it's disgusting." Anastasia shook her hand to rid the stinging sensation within her reddened knuckles.