𝟓𝟑

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE

Clara Couture

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE☼▕ Clara Couture ▏

. . .

Life was quiet.

Like really quiet.

The soft breeze puffed in and out through the window Anastasia had opened in her room -- well technically Harry's room but seeing as she'd been sleeping and practically living in the Potter house she'd grown accustomed to calling it her room.

Harry didn't mind.

Her head was stuck out the window and her neck angled upwards towards the night sky. The stars glimmered down on her and kissed every individual freckle she had sprawling her pale cheeks and the bridge of her nose.

A lump formed in her throat and sat there, taunting her, when her eyes fell upon the most brightening star up there: Sirius. She inhaled a deep breath of fresh air before sticking her head fully back inside.

She hadn't talked to her dad nor her father since the whole explosion in the hospital wing. It's not that she didn't want to -- she did so bad. It's just that part of her was still so angry at them but the other part just wanted an explanation -- a real explanation --, not some bullshit story about how they were trying to protect her.

Victoria and Leo had owled her every chance they got.

Victoria healed but a reminder of the attack was permanently etched onto her face. A thick burn scar went from the top right of her hairline and dragged diagonally down, across the front of her right eyebrow, her nose, the top of her left eyelid, and all the way down to the bottom of her left earlobe. Sometimes it was still hard for her to see out of her left eye.

Vienna had a healthy baby girl on June 29th. She was the cutest thing Anastasia had ever seen with her golden skin and a head full of thick dark hair that would soon turn curly. They named her Elvenia Anastasia Lupin-Black. Poor girl had a mouthful of a name.

The bed rustled and Anastasia's head snapped towards it. Harry was sitting up rubbing his eyes and attempting to read the clock without his glasses on.

"What're you doing up so early?" He croaked out, his voice hoarse from sleep. "Come back to bed."

Anastasia rose from her spot in the cushioned bay window and made her way back to the bed. Her silk set of pajamas swished around her with every light step she took.

She climbed back into the warm bed and wrapped her arms around Harry, his head coming to rest on her chest as their legs tangled together. His bare arms wove their way around her small torso and he let out a small sigh of contentedness.

"Next time another nightmare wakes you up or you can't fall asleep let me know, okay?" He mumbled into her chest, planting a small kiss on her collarbone that sent millions of goosebumps swarming her skin.