𝟏𝟖

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

▕  Confrontations 

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN☼▕  Confrontations  ▏

. . .

   Anastasia repeatedly stabbed the potatoes on her plate. Hermione winced at the scraping noise it made and snatched it from her. Her night was not going so well.

    "I take it your date didn't go well considering when you came back you locked yourself in the bathroom for an hour and a half." Hermione carefully set down the fork and scanned Anastasias face.

    "It was horrible. Especially when we left."

    Anastasia and Roman entered the castle drenched from head to toe. She quickly cast a drying spell due to her hatred for clothes sticking on to her.

    "I had a nice time," Roman commented as she ran her hands through her now dry hair.

    Anastasia was taken aback since she didn't enjoy it at all. "Really?"

    He hummed. His gaze flickered to her misty grey eyes. She peered up through her dark lashes, skeptical of what his mind was trained on at the moment. Her eyes widened when his eyes briefly made contact with her lips.

    She stumbled back slightly. "Shit, I forgot that I had to exchange notes with Hermione. Thank you for the date. How about we catch up later?"

    "Yea, sure." He mumbled and watched her dart around the corner.

    Hermione snorted but covered it up with a fake sneeze. "Notes? During the weekend? Since when do you pass a chance to kiss someone. It's just a meaningless kiss."

    "I didn't care about the kiss, Hermione. I cared about him getting attached, or worse confessing his love to me in an empty corridor." She pinched the bridge of her nose before slamming her head on the dinner table.

    "Can't wait to see what Umbridge thinks of you going public," Anastasia overheard Dean tell Harry. Her head shot up.

    "You went public? To who? And why was I not informed?"

    "To Rita Skeeter," Harry stiffly replied. "Besides you were there, just too busy on your date to notice." He shrugged.

    "Don't do that."

    "Do what?"

    Anastasia held his intense eye contact with every word she spoke. "Last time I checked you also had a date so don't sit here and act like I ditched you for Roman."

    "I never said that," Harry scoffed, his tongue wetting his lips.

    "But you implied it." Anastasia fired back.

    "Just leave it, Anastasia. It was hard enough talking about it I don't need you picking fights with me," said Harry sighing deeply. She decided to leave it alone when she saw how his jaw clenched when he looked down at his plate