𝟒𝟏

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

Family News

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE☼▕  Family News  ▏

. . .

"Are you sure he wasn't just at the bathroom?" Alice asked softly, her tone purely innocent as she tried to calm Anastasia down by running her hands through her hair.

"Oh, I'm positive, Alice! The little twat lied to me," said Anastasia, flaring her arms dramatically.

Alice giggled lightly. "You and Harry remind me a lot of Lils and James when we were teenagers." Her thumb swiped away a stray eyelash resting on Anastasia's soft cheek. Alice always thought of Anastasia like a daughter she never had - not that she wasn't grateful for her son. She loved Neville more than she loved herself.

"Oh really? How so, Al?" Lily asked, suddenly interested in the conversation as she emerged from the bathroom and perched herself on the edge of her bed.

The smile on Alice's face brightened as she turned to face her best friend. She cleared her throat before speaking, "James Potter is the most arrogant, smirking, toe-rag, little twat I have ever met in this bloody school," Alice mimicked in a slightly deeper voice that still sounded feminine due to how soft her voice was.

Marlene peeked into Lily's room, her dirty blond hair falling in front of her face. "Ooh, are we gossiping? And you didn't think to invite Marlene McKinnon-Meadowes?!"

"Cut the dramatics, Sirius, and get in here." Lily teased, craning her neck so she was looking at the door behind her.

Marlene scoffed, slipping inside and closing the door behind her with a soft thud. "Don't you ever compare me to that dog ever again," she warned, hopping on the bed making the people on it jump a little. "So . . . who are we talking about."

"Harry. Apparently, he lied to Ana during Slughorn's Christmas party." Alice answered in her soft tone.

"Okay!" Anastasia exclaimed, bouncing up from the bed, startling the three women. "Enough about me being stupid over a boy, don't we have to start dinner? Especially since George and Leo's girlfriend is joining us?"

Marlene rose her brows at Anastasia. "You . . . were upset over Harry? But you never - OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD," Marlene yelled, hopping up from the bed. "YOU'RE DATING HIM AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!" she pointed an accusing finger Anastasia's way.

"Whaaaat . . ." Anastasia laughed awkwardly, flicking her hand at Marlene.

"Anastasia Marlene," Marlene warned in a low tone, taking small steps towards Anastasia. "You're lying to me."

Anastasia took equal steps back. "No, I'm not, Marlene."

Marlene's slow steps turned into her chasing Anastasia until she tackled her to the floor. Anastasia was laying on her stomach while Marlene made herself comfy on her back.