𝟒𝟗

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

Felix

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE☼▕  Felix  ▏

. . .

Daphne smacked Anastasia's hand away when it got too close to the box of Fizzing Whizzbees. Anastasia scoffed and yanked her hand back.

"Bitch." Anastasia mumbled as they began gathering their things to leave the library.

Daphne shoved the sweets into her bag, "What was that, Stas?"

"Bitch." She repeated with a smile, handing Hermione her books.

"I love it when you call me sweet names," said Daphne, linking her arm with Anastaisa's, then her other with Hermione's.

Hermione let out a small laugh. "Leave it to Anastasia to come up with her creative nicknames."

"I do not have creative nicknames."

"Are you forgetting about your creative letter to Sirius and Remus about Umbridge back in fifth year?"

Anastasia quickly shushed her, gaining a few stares from nearby people in the corridor. "We don't speak of that, Mione."

"I'd like to see this letter," Daphne told Hermione, an amused look on her face.

"It was a good laugh, I'll tell you that," said Hermione. "but, sadly, Stasia burned the letter with her witchy powers over the summer. Sirius had it stamped on the fridge." she explained further.

The blond threw her head back in laughter. "I have to meet your dad."

"He's an arse. You don't want to meet him, trust me."

Daphne opened her mouth to retort something but a group caught her eye as they rounded the corner. She turned her head and caught sight of Astoria, Pansy, and Tracey Davis grouped.

Anastasia noticed the sudden quietness -which was rare when around Daphne - and decided to observe their surroundings. Her trance was cut short when Daphne tugged on her arm.

"C'mon - ignore them," Daphne instructed her two best friends quietly.

Once they passed them, Anastasia and Hermione wasted no time bombarding Daphne with questions.

"What happened?" Anastasia asked.

"I thought you and Pansy were best friends?" Hermione wondered aloud.

Daphne's eyes widened briefly at the best friend part. "Best friend is pushing it, Granger."

"Well, you both were just up each other's arses the other day. What happened?" Hermione repeated Anastasia's question.

Daphne waited until they were out of earshot to speak on the situation.

"Theo and Pansy broke up . . ." She stated first and watched Anastasia and Hermione's mouths gape open. "Uh - yea - so everything went downhill after that. Pansy went like batshit crazy and was talking about Theo even though he was really mature about the whole thing -" Anastasia scoffed in disbelief about Theo being mature, "- shocking I know."