𝟒𝟕

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

The Better Trio

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN☼▕   The Better Trio  ▏

. . .

Her hands were cupped underneath the faucet, letting the cool water pool onto her palms. She splashed her face a few times before running her fingers across the blotchy skin.

Anastasia gripped both sides of the sink as she peered up at her sleep-deprived self. It was a few hours earlier than she intended to wake up due to her reoccurring nightmares. Even then, her dreams seemed like reality.

Harry appeared in the doorway, his hand sliding underneath his shirt to scratch the lower part of his stomach. He had been dealing with her nightmares just as she was. Every night they both would awake to her screaming.

Her screams would always end up waking the entire dorm so they resorted to a silencing charm on her dorm bed.

Harry grabbed the nearest hand towel and gently dried her face and softly kissed her forehead before quietly returning to her bed. She slipped back under the freezing covers and into Harry's warmth only to be swarmed by another neverending nightmare.

Over the course of the next week, things changed drastically.

One of the main things is that Hermione and Ron are friends again.

"You won't find anything in there," said Hermione firmly, late on Sunday evening.

"Don't start, Hermione," said Harry. "If it hadn't been for the Prince, Ron wouldn't be sitting here now."

Anastasia's eyes flickered up from the book in front of her, making eye contact with Harry. His eyes carefully ran down every feature on her face before they rested upon the thin locket that sat delicately just below her collarbone.

"He would if you'd just listened to Snape in our first year," said Hermione dismissively.

Harry tore his eyes away from Anastasia with a smug smile, ignoring what Hermione had said.

They were sitting beside the fire in the common room; the only other people awake were fellow sixth years.

There had been a certain amount of excitement earlier when they had come back from dinner to find a new sign on the notice board that announced the date for their Apparition Test.

Ron had panicked on reading this notice; he had still not managed to Apparate and feared he would not be ready for the test.

"At least you can Apparate, though!" said Ron tensely."You'll have no trouble come July!"

"I've only done it once," Harry reminded him.

Anastasia flipped through the Grimoire searching for another ancestor who specialized in her element. Failure washed over her once she yet again found no trace of an earth section in the book.