𝟓𝟗

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE

▕  A Family Key

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE☼▕  A Family Key ▏

. . .

    Later that day, after everything from Harry's birthday breakfast was cleaned up, everyone went right back to preparing for the wedding since it was tomorrow.

    Ana was downstairs with Hermione, making the centerpieces for the table.

    "So, you never did show me the dress you're wearing to the wedding," Ana said, reaching for another pack of baby's-breath to put into the decorative jar.

    "You never showed me yours either," Hermione countered as she glanced at her best friend and then did a doubletake when she noticed her wrap was gone. "What happened to your wrap?"

    Ana glanced at her pale arm which was freshly decorated with a bright red scar that ran thick along the length of it. "Marlene said it was fine without the wrap and that it needed to breathe so I'm officially not crippled anymore."

    "Does it still hurt if you move it?"

    "No, it's just sore as of now. I'm going to charm it -- for the wedding," She clarified quickly when she saw Hermione's look.  "I just don't want anyone asking me about it. It's bad enough that Fleur has the nosiest family that I've met and that's me saying that. Have you met my family?"

    Hermione laughed. "Trust me, I know."

    Anastasia glanced out the window. "There's a lot of people out there."

    The two shared a look before completely ditching their job and scurrying over to the window to be nosy.

    They watched as Charlie approached the group, running his hand slightly ruefully over his new, brutally short haircut. He was shorter than Ron, thickset, with several burns and scratches up his muscley arms.

    "I bet you're second-guessing  the Weasley you chose right about now, huh?" Anastasia teased, looking back at Hermione who was staring at Charlie as well.

    Hermione scrunched her nose at her best friend. "Oh, shut up." She waved a hand making Ana catch a glimpse of the ring that she had gotten her in her fifth year during Christmas. She loved that Hermione, Ron, and Harry -- including herself -- still wore the rings to this day.

    Anastasia's eyes widened once she saw The Minister of Magic walking towards the house with Ron and Harry leading the way.

    "To what do we owe the pleasure, Minister?" Anastasia asked, staring at him curiously.

    He tilted his head slightly, "I think we both know the answer to that question, Miss Lupin-Black."

    She swallowed dryly and shot Harry a look.

     As they led the way back to the house in silence, Harry knew that the other two were thinking the same as he was; Scrimgeour must, somehow, have learned that the three of them were planning to drop out of Hogwarts.