𝟔𝟕

CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN

nightmare on godric's hollow

CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN☼▕  nightmare on godric's hollow ▏

. . .

It seemed kind of cliché for Anastasia to admit this, but her favorite holiday truly was Christmas. She always had a love for it but it was her family that really made the day special.

Back at home, her dads would make the biggest breakfast that was accustomed to her liking as well as Victoria and Leo's liking. They would make them Santa pancakes and homemade peppermint hot chocolate.

She missed the cheesy matching pajamas that she and her family would wear the night of Christmas Eve and into the following Christmas morning.

Her favorite part was dressing up and heading over to The Potter manor for Christmas dinner where the parents would fuss about getting a cousin picture every single Christmas. The annual prank that her dads and Uncle James would play on the entire family.

She missed it all. She missed her family.

Her docs scraped against the snow-covered ground as they apparated into Godric's Hollow. She was dressed in a pair of black pants with a long-sleeve shirt, but her body was mostly covered in the thick winter coat that kept her body warm. A dark red scarf was wrapped around her neck and a matching beanie rested on her head. Her hair was parted and braided into two simple braids with baby hairs out.

"I still think we should've used Polyjuice potion," Hermione said as she looked around the area.

"No. This is where I was born. I'm not returning as someone else." Harry said firmly.

Anastasia shot him a small smile before interlacing her cold hand with his. Hermione linked arms with Anastasia as they walked down the paved road.

Faint singing from a church nearby filled their ears.

Hermione gasped slightly. "Guys, I think it's Christmas Eve! Listen."

"Is it? "He had lost track of the date; they had not seen a newspaper for weeks.

Anastasia's eyes wandered to the graveyard in front of them. "Harry? Isn't this where Mia and Monty were buried? I mean it's been a long time since my dads have brought me here --"

"Yeah," Harry answered gently as he squeezed her hand. "Mum and Dad brought me here every Christmas."

Anastasia felt tears sting her eyes as she thought back to when her dads would talk about James' parents as if they were theirs as well. Growing up they always referred to them as Grandma Mia and Grandpa Monty to Anastasia, Victoria, and Leo.

"Are you sure Grandma Mia had a basic chocolate cake in her cookbook? It seems a bit bland compared to all the amazing stories you've told us about her," said Victoria as she drew imaginary shapes with the pad of her forefinger on the countertop.