𝟏𝟓

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Conversations

CHAPTER FIFTEEN☼ ▕  Conversations   ▏

. . .

Twist and turn. That's all Anastasia did all night. She was angry at her dads, annoyed because she couldn't read the journal with Hermione up her ass, and scared to practice with Snape. Every little thought clouded her mind and was practically eating her alive.

    There was only one day left until she sat crisscrossed on her bed, writing in the journal Harry had gifted her for Christmas. It actually came in handy when she wanted to rant but didn't actually want to rant to someone.

    A loud knock boomed on the door making her jump slightly. She climbed out of bed and slipped a shirt over her head. Why must people always interrupt her when she's relaxing?

    She opened the door and her blank expression was replaced with a small scowl when she became face to face with her father.

    "Molly asked me to come to get you and Harry, Snape's here. If you don't mind could you get Harry on your way?" Anastasia nodded mutely, shutting the door behind her and walking past him.

    Anastasia didn't bother knocking—that was her first mistake. Her eyes met Harry's bareback. It flexed slightly as he slipped a shirt over his head. He turned around and caught her staring.

    "Enjoying the view?" asked Harry, snapping her out of her trance.

    Anastasia straightened her posture and rolled her eyes. "You wish, Potter. Snape's in the kitchen and he wants to see us." Her tone seemed convincing but her flamed cheeks said otherwise and Harry noticed.

    The two made their way into the kitchen. Sirius, Lily, and Snape were seated at the long kitchen table, glaring in opposite directions. The silence between them was heavy with mutual dislike. A letter lay open in front of Sirius.

    "Sit down, both of you." Snape sighed, clearly not fond of Sirius' presence.

    "You know," said Sirius loudly, leaning back on his rear chair legs and speaking to the ceiling, "I think I'd prefer it if you didn't give orders here, Snape. It's my house, you see."

    Harry sat next to Sirius and Anastasia sat next to Harry. She knew why she was here and she didn't like it. Lily tensed and leaned forward, she knew Sirius and Snape would end up in an argument in no time.

    "I was supposed to see you both alone," said Snape, the familiar sneer curling his mouth, "but seeing as Potter and Black—"

    "I'm her father and in case you haven't noticed Lily is Harry's mother." Sirius snapped, louder than ever. Anastasia knew that James, Remus, and Marlene were listening in on this not too far away.

    Anastasia's theory was of course correct. James, Remus, and Marlene stood a few feet away from the door.

    "What do you think Snape said this time?" Marlene questioned after Sirius yelled, but was quickly shushed by James.