𝟓𝟒

MATURE CONTENT

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

Sister, sister

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR☼▕ Sister, sister ▏

. . .

    Sometimes people do stupid and crazy things for the people they love. Anastasia had first-hand experience when it came to those situations. She never wanted to intentionally lie to Harry, she just wanted to keep him safe. She wanted to protect him. Protect him in the many ways that she wasn't.

    Anastasia sat on the rail of the balcony that was attached to Harry's room at the Potter Manor. The manor was cleared of all sentiments seeing as the moving of Harry would take place soon. They wanted to clear all tracings of the Potters in case of any Death Eater raidings that would take place.

    The light breeze brushed her sundress farther up her golden thighs. Her hair blew in sync as her eyes watched the sun dip below the scarce clouds. Red, orange, and purple bled through the sky creating the perfect scenery for her to stare at.

    "I'm starting to wonder if your fascination for the sky should concern me or intrigue me." A teasing voice interrupted her thoughts.

    Anastasia glanced over her shoulder only to see Victoria standing there. She looked older than the last time she had seen her. Anastasia hopped down from the ledge quickly and pulled the girl in for a tight hug.

    "You shouldn't be here," Anastasia breathed, running her fingers through her dark hair. "It isn't safe."

    Victoria pulled away from the hug gently, giving Anastasia a clearer view of her. The scar across her face was still prominent. She had cut her hair shorter. Maybe to armpit length. Her waves ran messy but they always looked good on her.

    "I know. But I hadn't seen you since my accident. Letters aren't cutting it for me," The two sisters let out a light laugh. "They're taking us away. Vienna, the baby, and I along with your aunt -- the sane one not the fucking psychotic one." Victoria sighed and played with the hem of her frayed jean shorts.

    "Taking you where?" Anastasia's tone had a sharp edge to it.

    "Lupin cottage . . . I think at least." She shrugged, clearly not too fond of the idea of being taken away while everyone else was out doing something.

    Anastasia frowned slightly when she saw fresh tears glaze in her little sister's eyes. "Okay, well as long as you're safe. Clara doesn't seem like much of a threat. She's quiet most of the time."

    She hadn't conjured up a set opinion on Clara yet. She mostly stayed far away from her as possible at Potter Manor, but sometimes she'd watch as Clara played with baby Elvenia. Anastasia noticed she looked the happiest when she would be with her new grandchild.

    Many times she had the sudden urge to just go up to her and ask her as many questions as she could that sat atop of her tongue threatening to spill out. No one could answer any questions about her deceased family as well as her aunt could.