𝟒𝟔

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

▕   Seventeen  ▏

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX☼▕   Seventeen  ▏

. . .

    Saying that Anastasia was excited for her Seventeenth birthday was a complete overstatement. With everything going on she didn't want the attention drawn onto her.

    February 5th was treated like a normal day just like Anastasia requested. Though she kept finding a few unlabeled presents magically appearing next to her throughout the day.

    Anastasia wandered the corridors carelessly after her last class for the day. Her mind was still trying to wrap around the fact that she was finally seventeen.

    Her light footsteps stopped before she was about to curve around a corner. Hushed voices were whispering harshly back and forth. She pressed up against the closest wall where she was hidden to nosily listen in.

    "I said no, Mulciber. Now get the fuck out of my way." Draco's cold voice demanded. Feet shuffled against the hard floor before it fell silent once again.

    "Your mum owled me about An -" The second voice began cautiously.

    Anastasia frowned when she recognized the voice. Draco called the mystery person by the surname Mulciber, but she could've sworn it was Roman Rivers talking.

    "I don't care what my mother said. We are not disturbing Lupin-Black like I said the other ten million times you've asked me. She stays the hell out of this and so do you," Draco snapped, his tone becoming over a whisper. "If she has a problem with that then she can owl me herself."

    Roman's jaw clenched. "She is a crucial part of Camila and Isa -"

    Anastasia had peeked her head around the corner - her first mistake. Before Roman could finish his sentence, Draco stared over his shoulder and locked eyes with Anastasia.

    "Shut the fuck up," Draco quickly silenced him, with a harsh hush. "Leave." He ordered Roman as he watched Anastasia whip her head out of sight. Draco began a fast-paced walk, trying to catch up to her.

    Anastasia cursed under her breath once a hand wrapped around her wrist and pushed her against the wall. She glanced up at Draco with a small smirk.

    "Funny seeing you here, Malfoy," She feigned innocence while he stared her down. "I have to meet my boyfriend so if you don't mind -" Anastasia went to push herself off the wall but Draco tightened his grip.

    "How much did you hear?"

    "I didn't hear shit now let me go." Anastasia gritted, pushing against him.