𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

- The Orphanage -

September 5th, 1980

September 5th, 1980

SIRIUS AND REMUS were walking side by side, on their way to a muggle orphanage located just outside of Oxford.

"Pads, are you sure this is safe?" questioned Remus. "I know Dumbledore—"

"Darling we're gonna be okay. Prongs and I had to practically drag you out of the house. Plus Lily and them need some quality family time, alone." Sirius clasped his hand in Remus' as they entered.

A lady sat at the front desk, dressed in a modest, long, black dress. Her deep brown hair mixed with gray was tied back into a tight bun. Wrinkles decorated her skin that showcased her age.

"Name and purpose?" Her thick accent rang, not sparing a look up from the clipboard in from of her as she x'd things off.

"Sirius Black. I'm here to visit someone by the name of Anastasia Devereaux. She's—"

The older lady cut him off. "Yes, yes. She's in the crawlers room. Down the hall and take a left, Miss Couture should be assisting." She grumbled, scribbling on the parchment.

Remus made a face at Sirius as he dragged him along. They followed her instructions and stood in front of a half door.

A blonde lady, looking no older than nineteen, was in the room playing with a small raven haired baby. There were only two other small babies in the room.

"Sirius," The blonde haired girl beamed, getting up and dusting off her pants. She leaned over the door and gave him a friendly hug. "You must be Remus. Clara." she introduced.

Remus shook her hand. "Pleasure,"

Clara scooped up the eight month old baby. She giggled and played with her chubby fingers. "Dumbledore sent you here? Because of what she can do?"

"Partially. We've always wanted to adopt, you of all people know this." Sirius eyed the raven haired baby with loving eyes.

"I'm supposed to tell you everything but we have her paperwork ready. Her name is Anastasia Valentine Devereaux. Her parents passed away from death eaters in April. Mother was a pureblood, father was a half-blood wizard. No siblings and no trace of any close family members," Clara explained, propping baby Anastasia on one hip while giving Sirius part of the paper work she explained.

Her eyes widened slightly. "Her mother was 1/2 veela and originally from France, so Beauxbatons. Her father went to Hogwarts. The magical trace in her blood comes from her fathers side. His mother had had similar powers, so my guess is that it's generational through females or it skips generations because his sister had them as well."

     "Veela?" Sirius asked with wide eyes. He knew what expenses came with veelas. The constant staring, the ability to toss around fire like it was nothing.