𝟔𝟔

CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX

▕  arguments galore

CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX☼▕  arguments galore ▏

. . .

    Once they had left their first place of hiding in the forest, they ventured out and traveled through fields, farms, and old houses. Everywhere they went though had to be done on foot due to Ron not being strong enough to apparate yet.

    Even without any new ideas, they continued to move through the countryside, pitching the tent in a different place each night for security. Every morning they made sure that they had removed all clues to their presence, then set off to find another lonely and secluded spot.

    Every twelve hours or so they passed the Horcrux between them as though they were playing some perverse, slow-motion game of pass-the-parcel, where they dreaded the music stopping because the reward was twelve hours of increased fear and anxiety.

    Anastasia was sitting on the floor dressed in a pair of dark low-rise jeans and a dark red long sleeve that molded to her body like a glove. Ron was laying on his side on one of the beds, staring motionlessly at the floor.

    Harry was sitting in one of the foldable chairs as Hermione stood behind him with a pair of scissors giving him the world's worst haircut. Anastasia had refrained from looking up from the book in her lap due to her possibly making eye contact with Harry.

    Things had been rocky between them ever since the first time Harry had worn the locket. She knew that his anger wasn't intentional and that it was fused by whatever dark magic was stored in the locket, but she never made any attempt to mend whatever was going on between them.

    "Oh my god!" Hermione suddenly said as if she had come to a realization.

    Harry's green eyes widened. "What?" His hands immediately darted to where Hermione had been wagging her scissors in his hair.

    "I'll tell you in a minute." Hermione rushed to the table where they kept all of their resources.

    Anastasia got up from her position on the floor and went over to where Hermione was flipping through a book. She propped a knee up on the bench connected to it and leaned forward to peek through the book.

    "Maybe you could tell me now," Harry said as he got up from his chair and made his way over to the table as well.

    "The Sword of Gryffindor -- it's goblin-made," said Hermione.

    "Brilliant." Harry blandly cheered, throwing two thumbs up.

    Anastasia shook her head at him. "If it's goblin-made then dirt and rust have no effect on the blade." She explained further.

    "Exactly, it only takes in this which makes it stronger." Hermione flipped the book so Harry and Ana could see and pointed to the picture.

    "Okay," Harry said, clearly not following at all.