𝟔𝟑

MATURE CONTENT

CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE

late nights

CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE☼▕  late nights ▏

. . .

    Have you ever felt like your head was about to explode? Like the feeling of your head pounding and your heart racing as the blood rushes to your ears drowning out the sound around you. Or the feeling of your throat closing and the ragged drag of air from your lungs trying to escape quickly and effectively.

    Anastasia wished she didn't feel any of it.

    Her body had jerked awake from a deep sleep and her mind took a couple of seconds to catch up to her body. Once it did the slick feeling of hot sweat clamming her clothes to her cold body discomforted her and made her stomach churn.

    Just what she needed. Nightmares.

    Her shaky legs carried her to the kitchen where she filled a glass of water and gulped it down her dry throat. She felt her chest heave shakily with every breath she took.

    "Can we talk?" Harry's voice filled her ears as his body emerged from the darkness into the dimly lit room.

    Anastasia set her glass in the sink. "We have nothing to talk about." She went to walk past him but he grabbed her wrist and gently pulled her back.

    "Forget I even asked," Harry said stiffly. "Sit down. We have to talk."

    Anastasia looked up at him with curious eyes. Harry was never one to set out demands -- to her at least. Her eyes traced the curve of his clenched jaw before settling on his lips and flickering up to his green eyes that stared back at her with the same intensity.

    "I'll stand." She replied, not moving her wrist from his grip. She liked the feeling of his warm hand on her. He hadn't touched her in two days and it was eating her alive.

    Harry's lips curved into a small smile. "Of course you will," His fingers traced both of her wrists before drawing towards her palm and then finally lacing his through hers. His warmness contrasts with her icy cold feeling.

    "What do you want, Harry?" Anastasia's voice was soft, softer than when she had spoken a moment before. Her stomach was already swirling at the simple touch of his just holding her hands.

    "I'm sorry for being such an ass." He said and went to open his mouth again but Anastasia shook her head.

    "No, your reaction was expected. I'm sorry. I should've told you as you said -- "

    "You don't get to say you're sorry because you already did and I disregarded it because I was upset. I disregarded your feelings because I was too worried about myself." Harry said bitterly like he was disgusted by the way he acted.