Prologue

In the beginning, there was a huge storm, formed by two parts. There is the thunder, which is the inner beauty of the storm that often tends to either frighten or calm people. Then there is the lighting, the outer beauty of the storm, which some people say is one of the most wonderful things in nature. Other people find it, well... shocking. What good is a storm if it doesn't have both? What good is thunder without lightning? And what good is lightning without thunder? Just like a storm, every good love story consists of two people who so desperately need each other, even though they never see it coming. This is the story of the creation of a brand new storm, how the thunder met the lightning, and how Camila met Lauren.

************************************************

       When Lauren first entered Mr. Holland's employment office, she took in the décor of the room that surrounded her. Everything was either a nice shade of turquoise or a light shade of grey. The furniture and artwork that he had chosen for this room had reminded Lauren of the 60's, which suited her taste exquisitely. Mr. Holland's secretary sat at a fancy, light grey desk filing her nails without acknowledging that she had even entered. 

        "Hello, how may I help you?" the secretary questioned Lauren, without even looking up at her.

        "My name is Lauren Jauregui, and I'm here for an appointment with Mr. Holland." she replied with a wide smile.

        The secretary perked her head up with a smile, and pointed to the double doors on her right with her nail file. "Oh, Lauren! Go right on in through the doors there! Mr. Holland is dying to meet you." 

        "Thank you," Lauren said, as she made her way though the black doors.

        In the large office, she noticed that pretty much all of the décor was either black or grey. Everything was really dark in this room, and the only thing that really stuck out was Mr. Holland's bright, white hair. Lauren began to think that he purposely did it this way. Despite this, the room was still very beautiful and there was plenty of light getting let in through the large windows behind him.

        At the center of the room was a round table with two chairs. One of the chairs was already occupied, and Lauren knew the seat was meant for her. She politely waited for him to acknowledge her presence so he could motion for her to sit down.

        Soon enough, Mr. Holland looked up from his laptop and said, "Welcome, Lauren. Please sit."

        Lauren did as she was told, and occupied the seat across from him. She remained quiet until he finally spoke to her after getting his papers together for the appointment.

        "Lauren, how are you?" he asked with a smile.

        "I'm fine, thank you. How are you, Mr. Holland?" she also asked him, returning the same smile.

        "I'm doing excellent." he paused. "So here's the deal. I have only found one nursing job in the area, but it might be, well, difficult."

        "How so?" she asked with a confused look.

        "Well, let's just say that we've had five nurses quit this job in this past week because the patient is kind of, well, hard to manage. The patient is a blind, 25 year-old woman and she absolutely hates to be taken care of and insists on doing everything by herself. No matter what any of the past nurses have tried to do, she just doesn't listen. But I see potential in your eyes Lauren. This girl really needs an eye-opener, no pun intended. She needs someone like you to show her that getting a little help won't hurt. Her name is Karla Camila Cabello. Are you, Lauren Jauregui, up for the challenge?" he asked, with a hopeful look in his eyes.

        It gave Lauren a little time to think, but she finally came to the conclusion that she needed a job, and this was one, nevertheless.

        "I'll take it," she said proudly.

        "Okay, I will e-mail the details to you tonight. You'll start your new job tomorrow morning." he replied.

        They both stood up and shook hands to close the deal, then Lauren made her way towards the exit. Before she managed to get out the door, Mr. Holland said, "Be careful of the lightning, Lauren. Don't get struck by the lightning. There's a storm brewing."

        Lauren nodded, and exited the building. When she looked up at the sky and heard the thunder rumbling in the distance, she knew she had to get home quickly.