Chapter Twelve

The next morning, Lauren woke up with a slight hangover and full memory of what had happened last night. At first, it seemed like a dream to her, but she later realized that it was true that she had kissed Camila again. With high hopes that she would remember what had happened last night, Lauren decided that she would make Camila some breakfast in bed. She was going to make bacon, eggs, toast, and a nice glass of orange juice for her.

        After the twenty-five minutes it took her to prep the breakfast, she set it all up on a tray and took it off to her room where Camila had slept. When she arrived to the room, she saw Camila sitting upright in bed rubbing her temples to help relieve her hangover. Hers was probably much worse than Lauren's, considering how much of a light drinker she was.

        "Camila." Lauren said in a soft voice. "I made you some breakfast in bed."

        "You did? What did you make? Because I smell bacon, eggs, and toast. Possibly orange juice on the side?" she guessed, much to Lauren's surprise.

        "Yeah." Lauren paused. "How did you guess?"

        "I can smell it." she giggled.

        Lauren giggled a little too, then placed the tray of food in front of Camila on her lap. As she began to eat, Lauren sat on the other side of bed and admired the other girl as she ate. She really did want to know if Camila remembered last night, but she decided to bring it up when her hangover had subsided. When Camila had stopped eating, Lauren was caught off guard.

        "Is something the matter, Camila? Is my cooking bad?" she questioned.

        Camila shook her head and replied, "I was just thinking. What happened last night? Did I have a good time?"

        "I... I would say so. Do you remember anything from last night?"

        She shook her head again, then asked with a smirk, "Could you enlighten me?"

        An enormous smile grew on Lauren's face as she realized that Camila had remembered, then she replied, "You remember, don't you?"

        Camila shook her head up and down, then began to lean in towards Lauren as she did the same. Their lips touched and electrifying shivers were sent down each other's spines. Lauren placed the palm of her hand on Camila's cheek to prolong the kiss a little longer, then they both pulled apart and smiled at each other.

        "I think we can agree that we're a thing now?" Lauren asked Camila.

        She responded, "I think so too. Now what was that code that you went by that prevented us from being together?"

        "It's stupid now that I think about it. When you're a nurse, it's extremely illogical for you to date your patient in any case. It's a thing that I was told during college that kind of stuck with me."

        "Well, you're not my nurse anymore. You were pretty much fired, I guess. Even though you still want to help me out, you won't have to do it as a nurse, but as a girlfriend." Camila smiled.

        Lauren smiled too, then placed a small peck on her cheek. The word 'girlfriend' made butterflies erupt in her stomach, and she honestly couldn't be happier with how this whole situation turned out. Lauren did expect for Camila to remember a thing about last night, considering how hammered she was. This struck an idea for Lauren's next topic in the conversation.

        "How much do you exactly remember from last night?" she asked.

        Camila thought for a few seconds, then replied, "I remember the kiss, when we told each other that we liked each other, and that's about it. Honestly, that was all I cared to remember. The rest is all a blur. Except I do recall that you told me that your favorite color was twenty-seven?"